Side-by side configuration is incorrect

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
rwcoover

Side-by side configuration is incorrect

Post by rwcoover »

Updating from slimjet 5.0.10 to 5.0.12, after install, I get the following error message ... "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect." I went online to solve this issue ... did a file check, a disk check, and finally removed all c++ runtime libraries from the computer. I still get this error message and slimjet fails to run.

rwcoover

Re: Side-by side configuration is incorrect

Post by rwcoover »

whoops, now two separate machines have this problem. I'm a bit afraid to check the other 6 I have.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

They switched to a web installer with ver 5.0.11.0 for the 32 bit installation. If your using 32 bit try a download of the full install file from the link on the download page and see if the problem persists?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

rwcoover

Post by rwcoover »

I've been using the full installer from majorgeeks,com.

However, I think I may have found the problem. The problem seemed to start after installing EMCO's UnLockIT 4.01. I uninstalled UnLockIT, but that did not fix the problem. After using a registry cleaner, I ran Tweaking.coms's Windows Repair Tool. I then successfully reinstalled SlimJet. and everything seems to be Ok on that computer. I've got at least one more to do the same too, because I have the same problem with it, and, perhaps, an addition 6, all with slimjet.

Gekko100

Post by Gekko100 »

Hi,

I am having the same exact problem after updating Slimjet : "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" :roll:
(Now I am using Opera browser to write this message, Windows 7 on a 64 bit operating system).
Please advise.

Gekko100

Post by Gekko100 »

I re-installed Slimjet and it seems alright now.