The 'Aw Snap, something went wrong' Window

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
oftentired

Re: The 'Aw Snap, something went wrong' Window

Post by oftentired »

crotty09 wrote:I will try that, thanks. The only thing is, I had no trouble at all with Firefox.
the blink browser engine may be more sensitive to connectivity issues than Firefox gecko browser engine

dev

Post by dev »

I'm thinking it might be some thing else than slimjet either malware, your internet or even a settings in your version of windows that may be the problem but try this (below)
Try this: Open settings
Click Show advanced settings… at bottom of the setting page

In Privacy option mark following options:

Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Predict network actions to improve page load performance
Enable phishing and malware protection

If not try slimjet in incognito mode and also try making a new profile old one may be corrupt.
Try updating your version of java.
Untick in settings anything to do with webrtc
try Ctrl-F5 to reload the site by bypassing the local cache.
Clear your browser cache.

crotty09

Post by crotty09 »

Just wanted to say another thank you for all the help offered. Sadly I couldn't fix it, I have transferred to Chrome and its running smoothly. Thanks.

analogfred

Post by analogfred »

analogfred wrote:I get this once in a while sitting on the gmail screen (https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox). Flash shouldn't be an issue, click to play is enabled, so it shouldnt even be running. I think disabling acceleration might help/fix. I need to test it a bit.
Disabling every extension and acceleration off didnt fix it.

catnapped

Post by catnapped »

crotty09 wrote: I have figured out over the last few days that it's a morning thing. After I start my laptop in the morning that's when its happens the most, and seconds apart, slowly fading after an hour or so until it behaves all afternoon and evening.
I'm having the same problem and the same schedule (bad in the morning, slowly tapers off). What the heck is causing that? Thought for awhile it might be the ram in the computer but it checks out.