Changing of the Blink/Chromium engine version

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
hyperion

Re: Changing of the Blink/Chromium engine version

Post by hyperion »

reactorr wrote:chrome 46 released. update .*
Slimjet is not Chrome, luckily. Google release a new update every 2-3 weeks, Slimjet is trying to keep the NPAPI support bypassing the v45 restrictions. If you want a browser that quickly release new versions you can download and install Chrome.
Francesco Cantalini
Sysadmin and IT Security Consultant

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

reactorr wrote:chrome 46 released. update .*
As I (and others) have previously mentioned Slimjet will NOT be updating as soon as Chrome updates, because Slimjet developers need to make sure that everything works properly, and that features that people will be using are working in every version of SJ.

If you want the most up to date version, download and install Chrome. Or even better - install Chrome Canary, which has all of the newest features put in (though may have reliability issues as it is a pre-dev channel).

SJ is currently on v44 and will stay on v44 until the devs have got everything working and ready for a newer version - which is more difficult than what you think because the devs have got to try and keep NPAPI plugins (i.e. bypassing the Chrome restriction).

As for the post about removing Ok Google and the notification center; luckily the notification center is something I don't use (unless I am on my phone), and Ok Google is meant for convenient, hands free searching etc on mobile. I've never used OK Google on desktop because it is very straightforward to just open a new tab and go directly to Google.

r.purnama83

Post by r.purnama83 »

Slimjet development shouldn't depend on Blink/ Chromium version.. Slimjet can do beyond the Blink/ Chromium capabilities.

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

Looks like Slimjet Version 6.0.x has been released - based on Chromium v46 and full of NPAPI loveliness :D