How do I update SJ Portable!??

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
LimboSlam

How do I update SJ Portable!??

Post by LimboSlam »

I have read the FAQ on updating SJ, I think I'm doing it wrong. The only way I know of is deleting the whole file and re-installing it all over again, every update. So can one of you plz help me out! This is really getting annoying and I should know to update SJ the right way, but I don't.

Some snapshots of how to do it would be nice. :)

Nordones

Re: How do I update SJ Portable!??

Post by Nordones »

LimboSlam wrote:I have read the FAQ on updating SJ, I think I'm doing it wrong. The only way I know of is deleting the whole file and re-installing it all over again, every update. So can one of you plz help me out! This is really getting annoying and I should know to update SJ the right way, but I don't.
I'm not sure, but perhaps the "slimjets/extension" folder and everything therein backed up and then copied back. Haven't tried that yet, so no idea if it will work, but will try the next time a release comes out.
-N-

Sandal23

Post by Sandal23 »

I extracted Slimjet portable on the same path of my installation folder and I replace all identical files. It works well

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Just extracting into the same folder would be good enough.

It looks like I should put this into FAQ.
LimboSlam wrote:I have read the FAQ on updating SJ, I think I'm doing it wrong. The only way I know of is deleting the whole file and re-installing it all over again, every update. So can one of you plz help me out! This is really getting annoying and I should know to update SJ the right way, but I don't.

Some snapshots of how to do it would be nice. :)
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Thanks for all the help! I finally got it!