[Feature Request] Bookmark button in toolbar?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
pevanevan11

[Feature Request] Bookmark button in toolbar?

Post by pevanevan11 »

I like slimjet because of the way to open bookmarks in a sidewindow is superior then other chromium ways.

I know ctrl+I opens it, however is there a way to add a button to the UI in the toolbar so I can just click that button to open the side window?
Last edited by pevanevan11 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oftentired

Re: [Feature Request] Bookmark button in taskbar?

Post by oftentired »

pevanevan11 wrote:I like slimjet because of the way to open bookmarks in a sidewindow is superior then other chromium ways.

I know ctrl+I opens it, however is there a way to add a button to the UI in the taskbar so I can just click that button to open the side window?
Do you mean Slimjet toolbar? The taskbar is usually the name for the Windows OS taskbar which has default location at the bottom of your screen with the Start button on the left side.

I'm asking because it could also be possible to run a small program pre-loading that sits as a system icon on the right side of the taskbar allowing a click of the icon from the windows taskbar to perform various functions from a menu or one dedicated function such as opening the browser with bookmark sidebar open as well. But, I think your asking about the Slimjet toolbar.

pevanevan11

Re: [Feature Request] Bookmark button in toolbar?

Post by pevanevan11 »

ahhhhhhhhhhh! Yes I meant the toolbar, thank you oftentired! I edited the topic title and post to say toolbar.

I know theres a bookmark MANAGER toolbar button, but thats not what I use. To use ctrl+I all the time to open the bookmark sidebar isnt as useful as just a button to do the same thing in the toolbar, for me.

I otherwise love slimjet. Ive been using it for a while now. If I could get a button for the bookmarks, make it even that better!

dev

Post by dev »

You could set the sidebar to auto-hide. cog top right/ bookmarks/ show bookmarks bar / auto hide on side.

I just bookmarked the bookmark manager and placed it as the first icon on the bookmark bar basically does the same thing as the side bar.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dev wrote:I just bookmarked the bookmark manager and placed it as the first icon on the bookmark bar basically does the same thing as the side bar.
The Bookmark Manager is available as a button on the toolbar as well.

pevanevan11

Post by pevanevan11 »

Thanks for the work-arounds :) I still like slimjet because of the sidebar of bookmarks. But count me in for a request to add a button to the toolbar to just open that sidebar. I have no need for a bookmark manager button on the toolbar, personally.
I also dont want any bookmark bar at all, hidden or not. I personally just want a side window for bookmarks, like firefox has been doing it forever.

Also, but I suppose this is a different subject, the ability to delete some folders named "parent folders", "mobile bookmarks", etc. There doesnt seem a way to delete those folders, which personally I would like to do so.

Thanks!

dev

Post by dev »

pevanevan11 wrote:Thanks for the work-arounds :) I still like slimjet because of the sidebar of bookmarks. But count me in for a request to add a button to the toolbar to just open that sidebar. I have no need for a bookmark manager button on the toolbar, personally.
I also dont want any bookmark bar at all, hidden or not. I personally just want a side window for bookmarks, like firefox has been doing it forever.

Also, but I suppose this is a different subject, the ability to delete some folders named "parent folders", "mobile bookmarks", etc. There doesnt seem a way to delete those folders, which personally I would like to do so.

Thanks!
Post your request and thoughts about having a button in the general section of the forum, request topic tend to get more views and feedback there.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dev wrote:
pevanevan11 wrote:Thanks for the work-arounds :) I still like slimjet because of the sidebar of bookmarks. But count me in for a request to add a button to the toolbar to just open that sidebar. I have no need for a bookmark manager button on the toolbar, personally.

Thanks!
Post your request and thoughts about having a button in the general section of the forum, request topic tend to get more views and feedback there.
I moved it thanks.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11