Some issues mentioned to me.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Morro1969

Some issues mentioned to me.

Post by Morro1969 »

On the MalwareTips website a member just posted this ...
Koroke San, post: 412393, member: 18344 wrote:Slimjet still crash on google + & gmail sometimes. Not happy. Plus chrome crash service component update found but can't update it.
Here is a link to the thread in question ...

http://malwaretips.com/threads/new-slim ... ost-412393

As I mentioned in that thread I personally do not have problems with G+ and gmail, but I also noticed the chrome crash component issue after Koroke San mentioned it?

EDIT 1: Koroke San just mentioned this ...
Koroke San, post: 412400, member: 18344 wrote:It's not me Piteko21 also have this crash problem in Slimjet.

Morro1969

Re: Some issues mentioned to me.

Post by Morro1969 »

No one?

ikar..us

Post by ikar..us »

I often find tabs I switch to just being crashed.
But I can always reload them without further problems.
So it's less of an issue for me than other alternative browsers which aren't crashing, but don't display sites well.

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

Well as mentioned, I personally have no problems with G+ and Gmail, but others do so I ask for them here. :)

But I did notice the Chrome crash component not updating ( After Koroke San mentioned it. ) even though it shows there is an update when checking. When I click "check for updates" then I briefly get to see that there is an update for Chrome crash component, which is then quickly followed by the text ... "Component not updated". So I and others would like to know if this is a bug or not. ( And if it is it should of course be fixed in the next version. ) If it is not a bug I hope I get some information here that I can show on MalwareTips as to why it is not a bug.

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

Okay it is Thursday now and no one from SlimJet has responded yet ... in any way?

If there is no communication then why the forums, to be honest this is a bit disappointing for me. A team that develops such a great browser, but does not communicate with users who have a question. I realize the team has a lot to do, but still after 4 days no one from the SlimJet team has responded.

ikar..us

Post by ikar..us »

The title of this forum is "discuss about", not "get support".
It's a user forum. And the participants are only few.

And: You request the users here who might be willing to help you to look in another forum what your question is.
Don't expect anybody to do this.

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

The question / problem is in the first post ikar..us!? I just linked to the other forum just incase.

And if it is only a user forum and if only a few in world use it then it should not be linked to in the Helpcentre or Online Community on the SlimJet Website. ( Or at the very least it should be renamed User Forums. ) The online feedback is in my opinion not enough to communicate reliably with users. And I have send several messages through Online Feedback in the past and not once did they answered those questions/reports. Also I am not going to make a Facebook account, because I have no use for Facebook.

A company that makes such a great and popular browser should have a dedicated forum that is also regularly visited by a member ( Or members. ) of the company, not just users. And yeah the header shows "discuss about" ... but the title of this Forum is "Bug Reports".

dev

Post by dev »

Morro1969 wrote:The question / problem is in the first post ikar..us!? I just linked to the other forum just incase.

And if it is only a user forum and if only a few in world use it then it should not be linked to in the Helpcentre or Online Community on the SlimJet Website. ( Or at the very least it should be renamed User Forums. ) The online feedback is in my opinion not enough to communicate reliably with users. And I have send several messages through Online Feedback in the past and not once did they answered those questions/reports. Also I am not going to make a Facebook account, because I have no use for Facebook.

A company that makes such a great and popular browser should have a dedicated forum that is also regularly visited by a member ( Or members. ) of the company, not just users. And yeah the header shows "discuss about" ... but the title of this Forum is "Bug Reports".
We have pointed out the lack of admin feedback before viewtopic.php?f=5&t=114&start=20#p1638 & viewtopic.php?f=5&t=114&start=20#p1639 it can be frustrating.
You could get the other users that have pointed out the bug to post on here that may help to obtain a response.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

When the browser crashes the best and quickest way to inform the developers, and to have a timely fix or response to the problem, is to use the Help:Online Feedback webpage, be sure to provide an upload of the most recent crash report file, this will be located in a folder here:

C:\Users\ [YOUR USER NAME] \AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Crash Reports

Note: Help:Online Feedback is found near the bottom of the settings menu which opens after clicking the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser window

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

oftentired wrote:When the browser crashes the best and quickest way to inform the developers, and to have a timely fix or response to the problem, is to use the Help:Online Feedback webpage, be sure to provide an upload of the most recent crash report file, this will be located in a folder here:

C:\Users\ [YOUR USER NAME] \AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Crash Reports

Note: Help:Online Feedback is found near the bottom of the settings menu which opens after clicking the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser window
Yeah I am am aware of the Online Feedback option, but as I mentioned in my previous post I never got any answers back at those times?
dev wrote:
Morro1969 wrote:The question / problem is in the first post ikar..us!? I just linked to the other forum just incase.

We have pointed out the lack of admin feedback before viewtopic.php?f=5&t=114&start=20#p1638 & viewtopic.php?f=5&t=114&start=20#p1639 it can be frustrating.
You could get the other users that have pointed out the bug to post on here that may help to obtain a response.
Well it is good to see that I am not the only one thinking that, as for the second part ... yeah I guess that I could mention in the other forums thread that people could join here to explain things themselves. ( It will have to be tomorrow, because right now I need to get some sleep. )