A plugin isn't responding

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
rikkitic

A plugin isn't responding

Post by rikkitic »

For the past few days I have suddenly started getting this (Flash) error on a particular site (www.stuff.co.nz). Previously the site worked without problem. I have checked the plugin and only one instance of Flash is present so the usual fixes don't apply. Does anyone know anything more about this? Is it a Chrome problem or a Flash one or something specific to Slimjet? How can it be fixed?

7bfb4bef

Re: A plugin isn't responding

Post by 7bfb4bef »

I keep seeing the SAME "error message" about a plug-in not responding EVERY TIME I start SlimJet and I use a BLANK )about:blank) page for my home/start page.

Sometime several of my plug-in CRASH upon start up if I don't wait about 30 seconds for whatever is not loading in the background to finally load. Been seeing this problem for several months now. See it on Windows XP and Windows Vista. I do not have this problem with Google Chrome. Seems to me it would be SlimJet related then.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

rikkitic wrote:For the past few days I have suddenly started getting this (Flash) error on a particular site (http://www.stuff.co.nz). Previously the site worked without problem. I have checked the plugin and only one instance of Flash is present so the usual fixes don't apply. Does anyone know anything more about this? Is it a Chrome problem or a Flash one or something specific to Slimjet? How can it be fixed?
I'm not getting any flash error msgs while viewing the website.
7bfb4bef wrote:I keep seeing the SAME "error message" about a plug-in not responding EVERY TIME I start SlimJet and I use a BLANK )about:blank) page for my home/start page.

Sometime several of my plug-in CRASH upon start up if I don't wait about 30 seconds for whatever is not loading in the background to finally load. Been seeing this problem for several months now. See it on Windows XP and Windows Vista. I do not have this problem with Google Chrome. Seems to me it would be SlimJet related then.
This does not seem to be the same problem as the Original Post describes but I have noticed this now and then, typically I can avoid it if, the first time after starting the box, I give the browser a moment for the start page to completely load before attempting to navigate off to another page.

sjguy111

Post by sjguy111 »

I looked at the website for awhile.... no problems.

rikkitic

Post by rikkitic »

Thanks for the replies. It obviously has something to do with my setup but I'm getting it on more than one machine. It seems to be tied to my use of Slimjet. Now I'm getting messages on other sites that Flash has been disabled because my Chrome version is out of date. I have tried updating both Flash and Chrome but nothing seems to go anywhere. Suggestions would be welcome.

7bfb4bef

Post by 7bfb4bef »

rikkitic wrote:... Now I'm getting messages on other sites that Flash has been disabled because my Chrome version is out of date. I have tried updating both Flash and Chrome but nothing seems to go anywhere. Suggestions would be welcome.
Check put the post in this topic/thread >> Requests: flash related Especially post #1854

dev

Post by dev »

rikkitic wrote:Thanks for the replies. It obviously has something to do with my setup but I'm getting it on more than one machine. It seems to be tied to my use of Slimjet. Now I'm getting messages on other sites that Flash has been disabled because my Chrome version is out of date. I have tried updating both Flash and Chrome but nothing seems to go anywhere. Suggestions would be welcome.
Update your slimjet as there is a new version out and your probably getting those messages as there is a 0 day security bug in flash so chrome, firefox etc have blocked flash

rikkitic

Post by rikkitic »

Some of this is over my head, especially some of the Flash stuff. I updated Slimjet and followed instructions from the Flash site for uninstalling it, which is a real pain, and then reinstalling it manually. This avoids the automatic update stuff, which seems to be part of the problem. I'm still not sure if the problem is solved, but at the moment it does seem to be working again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.