[Resolved] save each file before downloading problem

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Slimjet Asker

[Resolved] save each file before downloading problem

Post by Slimjet Asker »

Hi there,

I have a Windows 7 Professional operating system.

1- "Ask where to save each file before downloading" doesn't work with the Slimjet Browser version 4.0.12.0 (based on Chromium 42.0.2311.90).
Despite the fact that I've checked this option in the Settings menu and restarted the browser it won't do that.
The downloads are always automatically saved in the Download location Folder.

2- Rearranging the icons in the menu of the Google homepage (Youtube, Maps, Translate, Gmail, etc.) don't work either. It's simply not possible.

Are these 2 problems bugs?

oftentired

Re: "Ask where to save each file before downloading" problem

Post by oftentired »

1. I'm running Win 7, I'll try mine with the, "Ask where to save each file before downloading" selected to see if it duplicates.

EDIT: I've tried a few different software download sites and cannot duplicate the problem.

2. I'm not sure which URL you are talking about when you say google homepage : (

In Slimjet Settings you might try clicking the, "Reset Settings" button to, "Restore settings to their original defaults", and if that does not work you might try clicking the, "Repair browser registry settings", button.

Failing resolution from those 2 actions I would perform an uninstall keeping the settings (with a system restart) and then install fresh.

As a solution of last resort I would do an uninstall and select to not keep the Slimjet settings and then a fresh install.
Last edited by oftentired on Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update

Slimjet Asker

Post by Slimjet Asker »

Thank you for your reply to my problem.
My apology for reacting so late, I was very busy lately.

1- Somehow the download problem is solved.
I have no clue why but I've updated the Slimjet browser so maybe that fixed it.

2- However the rearranging of the 'icons' (maybe 'buttons' is a better description) problem still stands.
oftentired wrote:2. I'm not sure which URL you are talking about when you say google homepage : (
I mean the Google start page with the Google Doodle thingy. At the upper right side there is a square with tiny little squares in it. If you click on that square (button) you get a drop down with all sort of buttons like:
'My Account, Search, Maps, Youtube, Calendar, etc., etc.'.
With all the other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.) you can move these around to other positions.
Not with Slimjet......

Is this a bug?

dev

Post by dev »

Google apps is what you mean and we could do with the url of your homepage to help

ikar..us

Post by ikar..us »

Never knew this is possible.
But for me it works in Slimjet.

Slimjet Asker

Post by Slimjet Asker »

ikar..us wrote:Never knew this is possible.
But for me it works in Slimjet.
For me it doesn't.
Strange phenomena.
All my other browsers have no problem with this (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) except Internet Explorer and Slimjet.

Slimjet Asker

Post by Slimjet Asker »

I finally figured it out. It isn't a browser problem. You have to be logged in to your gmail account and then via your gmail account you're able to rearrange these buttons. Case solved!

dev

Post by dev »

Slimjet Asker wrote:I finally figured it out. It isn't a browser problem. You have to be logged in to your gmail account and then via your gmail account you're able to rearrange these buttons. Case solved!
Well gosh darn it !! :D