Flash Player Plugin automatically updated?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
treego14

Flash Player Plugin automatically updated?

Post by treego14 »

Is the Flash Player Plugin automatically updated?

Flash Player updated to version 18 today in Google Chrome, but Slimjet's plugin page still shows version 17. How can I get Slimjet to update plugins like this?

P.S. It seems that "search" in these forums is broken. I search on "flash" and then "flash player" and each time I get a message that says these search terms are too common. Ummm...I don't think so.

dev

Re: Flash Player Plugin automatically updated?

Post by dev »

It will get updated when slimjet updates, don't forget slimjet is a chromium based browser and they don't update as quick as google chrome does.

You can do it manually by installing chrome and copy the pepperflash.dll (pepflashplayer.dll) and manifest.json into slimjet. Files are usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\(version of chrome)\PepperFlash. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Slimjet\PepperFlash
Delete or move contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Slimjet\PepperFlash and replace them with the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\PepperFlash.

The best way to search the forum or any forum for that matter is to use google search, type site:slimjet.com/en/forum/ (then the term you want to search for) so site:slimjet.com/en/forum/flash

treego14

Re: Flash Player Plugin automatically updated?

Post by treego14 »

Thank you, dev, for your help. :)