Hi!Can you make a option is that "Don't close the Pop-up f……

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
statsky003

Hi!Can you make a option is that "Don't close the Pop-up f……

Post by statsky003 »

Hi!, I'm a chinese user and I like slimjet very much! So I want to make some suggestions。

Can you make a option is that "Don't close the Pop-up folder box when Left clicking the Bookmark bar folder" ? this is useful。

Forgive me for my poor english.

paul1149

Re: Hi!Can you make a option is that "Don't close the Pop-up

Post by paul1149 »

What you want is a persistent drop-down menu off the bookmarks bar. Does Windows even support that? I'm not sure.

There is a possible alternative for you, depending on how big your monitor is. You can go to the main menu/ bookmarks / "show bookmarks side panel".

Now what might be nice, Flashpeak, would be that side panel being autohidable.

dev

Post by dev »

I just bookmarked slimjet://bookmarks/#1 (after importing my previous bookmarks from html file) to my bookmark toolbar then i just double left click the link which then opens in a new tab without closing the bookmark manager.

statsky003

Post by statsky003 »

paul1149 wrote:What you want is a persistent drop-down menu off the bookmarks bar. Does Windows even support that? I'm not sure.

There is a possible alternative for you, depending on how big your monitor is. You can go to the main menu/ bookmarks / "show bookmarks side panel".

Now what might be nice, Flashpeak, would be that side panel being autohidable.
thank you!But there is a misunderstand for my poor english.
What I want is not a persistent drop-down menu, I just want the folder window persistent.
1. I go to the main menu/ bookmarks / "show bookmarks side panel"(ctrl+shaft+b)
2.there is a folder named "plus" in the bookmark toolbar,and when I Left click the "plus" folder I can see the pop-up window which is showed in the picture above.
3. you can see there are many bookmarks in it, such as "Hello World | Bruce Tan " "pacman/header.styl……" etc.
4.when I Left click one bookmark such as ""Hello World | Bruce Tan", and the folder pop-up window disappeared.

I want this:and this is the 7star browser:

and this is the slimjet shows(I don‘t want this):
Last edited by statsky003 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

ctrl-shift-b does not call up the side panel. And your animated gif does not show the side panel. Nor does the side panel act the way that gif does.

Flashpeak - it is quite hard to get the side panel to launch more than one tab. Shouldn't there be a way to do so via hotkey?

statsky003

Post by statsky003 »

dev wrote:I just bookmarked slimjet://bookmarks/#1 (after importing my previous bookmarks from html file) to my bookmark toolbar then i just double left click the link which then opens in a new tab without closing the bookmark manager.
哈哈haha,smart guy!

statsky003

Post by statsky003 »

paul1149 wrote:
ctrl-shift-b does not call up the side panel. And your animated gif does not show the side panel. Nor does the side panel act the way that gif does.

Flashpeak - it is quite hard to get the side panel to launch more than one tab. Shouldn't there be a way to do so via hotkey?
oh!my poor english! the sidebar is the bookmarks side panel,thanks a lot.
and you can also give me a clue with the keyboard shortcuts “ctrl+I”,then I understand。

haha,and another question
would be that side panel being autohide
The final result is:
when the mouse slip to the left border,then user will see a short narrow bar is on the border (give user a hint),the click anywhere on the left border and the bookmarks side panel will appears,then click elsewhere in the screen,just outside of the bookmarks side panel,and it will disappear。
can you make it?

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 »

Excellent.