Memory leak?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
skribboth

Re: Memory leak?

Post by skribboth »

I'm having this problem too, Slimjet is extremely slow and seems to be doing some I/O work because browsing files on my computer becomes slow as well once Slimjet starts to lag.

Very annoying, and makes IE look like a good browser to be using :(

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Another user in another Topic has mentioned that performance can be improved by using a Custom Cache Location. This is similar to clearing the cache but it has the bonus that you can locate the cache folder to a drive that has faster I/O than the default drive location. If you only have one HDD it may benefit to set the cache folder onto a fast 3.0 thumb drive (if you have a 3.0 USB port). I might be over doing it but about every 3 or 4 weeks I set it to a new folder and delete my previous custom cache folder.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

Thanks for the input, so does it alleviate the problems to use a custom cache folder? I've already moved Slimjet to the same drive as Windows is on (using portable version).

If putting the cache on a thumb drive helps, then I should be able to get rid of this issue by getting an SSD tho, right? Since it usually speeds up the entire OS.

analogfred

Post by analogfred »

Chromium is adding a toggle to discard tabs when memory gets low:

http://betanews.com/2015/08/01/chrome-h ... -problems/

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

Nice, can't wait for it to hit Slimjet :D