Letters in bookmark sidebar

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Tom Dooley

Letters in bookmark sidebar

Post by Tom Dooley »

I just dated slimjet up from version 30.04 to 38.05 and I found out the letters in the bookmark sidebar have become smaller. Is ther a possibility to change the size ? As an old man I can read big letters better ? :(

oftentired

Re: Letters in bookmark sidebar

Post by oftentired »

If you are running Windows 10 or 11 you can do this.

Press the Windows Key
Type "Ease of"
Press Enter
Select Display from the list at the left
At the top, with your mouse, grab the slider and move it to 120%
Click Apply

This will enlarge almost everything on your screen by 20%.
It will not make the font in File Explorer any larger.
You can experiment, but for me, anything greater than 125% makes it not so nice.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Tom Dooley

Post by Tom Dooley »

Thank You . I already enlarged my screenview. It was the first I did when I got my pc. I meant the letters in the bookmark-sidebar. They have become very small by now. :(

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

If you used Ease of Access for your initial magnification. After installing a major Slimjet upgrade (jumping several versions) the upgraded Slimjet has likely not interacted with the Ease of Access registry instructions. I think this can be resolved if you open Slimjet. Then go to Ease of Access and make a change to the Make Text Bigger and/or Make Everything Bigger, apply it, then change it back to what you want and Apply that. With Slimjet running while you do this, it should trigger Slimjet to pickup the changes.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Tom Dooley

Post by Tom Dooley »

That changes nothing. The enlargement of the system works, the letters in the sidebar stay small. I willl use version 30 for the next time.