Problems with video sites, please help ??

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
smallhagrid

Problems with video sites, please help ??

Post by smallhagrid »

Hello Slimjet Community.
Initially I hesitated in joining here because in visiting here as a non-member and searching did not yield any success in fixing these problems, but...now, here I am, and asking for assistance.

I have Slimjet Version 37.0.4.0 and I am an Ubuntu user.

After my initial excitement with Slimjet, I tried viewing several videos from Youtube, and can only get this type of error message:
An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: mvc8lRQVG5NQ--wN)
Neither video motion nor sound resulting.

Then tried viewing several at Bitchute - and got motion, but zero sound.

I've searched openly for solutions - saw some suggestions both here & elsewhere, but none had any success.

My PC also has Chromium, and it works flawlessly in playing video/sound at any site I may wish to visit.

Has any solution been found for 'the sound problem' and or for making video sites work fully in Slimjet ??

Thanks for any helpful replies and/or solutions.

oftentired

Re: Problems with video sites, please help ??

Post by oftentired »

Moved to the General Forum as a good place to start this topic until it is determined it belongs in another forum.

I am not a Linux user so cannot even guess.

However, I think others are experiencing similar issue.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

smallhagrid

Re: Problems with video sites, please help ??

Post by smallhagrid »

Slight update on this thread's topic from here:
I just got the latest version's DEB file & updated it.

Then tested with several YT videos - which amazingly had both sound and motion - yippee !!

Sadly still - other sites like Bitchute, Rumble & Brighteon either fail to play altogether or have no sound.

Progress is good & it is my hope that futuree updates will allow this to become my full-time daily-driver browser.

Thanks for reading this.