Few problems with Slimjet browser

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
MateuszCOMPANY1

Few problems with Slimjet browser

Post by MateuszCOMPANY1 »

Hello
Week ago i moved from chrome and noticed few problems.

1. Some videos stucking while watching. Its look like internet cant handle video rendering. This problem not exist on chrome

2. In youtube subscription tab i always had choosen on chrome "sort by list". In slimjet cant save my choose and its always back to default "sort by tiles"

3. On the left of my URL i have adblock, few days ago appear even ebay icon. I dont want these but cant remove it

oftentired

Re: Few problems with Slimjet browser

Post by oftentired »

Quoting the developer Stephen Cheng, FlashPeak Inc. viewtopic.php?p=207#p207
flashpeak wrote:
Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 pm
It is a one time thing. You can remove it and it will never come back.

The Amazon button gives you quick access to the amazon website and supports our development efforts. We are doing the same thing for eBay as well. Both eBay and amazon are our sponsors. The software is free and we don't really show any annoying ads. We do rely on the referring commission to keep ends meet here.

We also automatically recommend the Facebook button and the weather button when the user visits related sites. But that has nothing to do with money. It is solely for the purpose of feature recommendation. If we don't recommend these features, most users won't even know the features exist at all. People would think we are just the same as Chrome but for these hidden features. One of the problem with Chrome is that they make a lot of features available through hidden features. But the reality is that only less than 1% of people will be able to find those features by doing their research online. We don't want to make the same mistakes. We make a useful feature and recommend it to people who will mostly likely need it.

However, we never force anything on people. All the feature recommendations happen only once. If you are not interested in it, just revert it. With Slimjet, you always have options.

Thanks for your understanding.
The trigger for Ebuy and Amazon Icons to appear on the toolbar is when you visit the website. To make them go away use the Customize Toolbar dialog window. You can access this using the right pointing triangle up on the toolbar or thru the Settings page in the Appearance section.

While it is a one time thing. It is one time per installation. So if you have reason to completely uninstall and re-install it will reset. Also, I think I have seen it reset on a the rare major upgrade as well.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

MateuszCOMPANY1

Post by MateuszCOMPANY1 »

Could you check does your settings on youtube are saved?
Maybe its something in my browser configuration
Every time when i opening "Subscriptions" tab, its set to "Grid"(red arrow) and have to change it to "List" (green arrow), but when i open it agan, its jumping back to "grid"
Chrome remember my choice and always when i open Subscriptions tab i have choosen "List"

PICTURE:
i.snipboard.io/6iofZ1.jpg

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

My Youtube subscriptions remain. It seems to me that subscription info on Youtube is something maintained on the Youtube server not on your local computer.

Possibly logout of Youtube, delete all Youtube cookies, close browser, then open and login back in.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It seems to me that subscription info on Youtube is something maintained on the Youtube server not on your local computer.
In general this is true, but some customizations are stored as cookies.

Also YouTube recently upped the ante in the adblocker arms race.