Completely fails to be portable.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
avada000

Completely fails to be portable.

Post by avada000 »

Hi!

I have Slimjet portable installed. I didn't actually move it around, but I re-installed which was on the other drive, so slimjet wasn't even touched.

But at the first start I see that the session and all the extensions are gone. Only the history and bookmarks and the theme remains apparently.

It sucks big time.

avada000

Re: Completely fails to be portable.

Post by avada000 »

I found a discussion about this:
https://www.portablefreeware.com/forums ... 03c#p87477

Which is sadly old for it to still be a problem. For the portable variant this stupid "security" feature should be disabled.

avada000

Post by avada000 »

Kind of atrocious, but if I copy the profile to Centbrowser portable start it, then copy it back to Slimjet portably my extensions remain.
Somethings are surely lost. Including some unidetified configuration which slimjet warns me about when I open settings.

looking man

Post by looking man »

The browser was fully portable only up to version 14 (it could be transferred to another machine).
Then the developers stopped working.
Windows 7 x64 Slimjet 29.0.3 x32. Let it be for now.

looking man

Post by looking man »

Also, before version 14, the browser accepted any extensions not from the Chrome store. Now requires a preliminary repacking by means of the browser (and it stops updating)

P.S. A Cent Browser is made by one developer. And everything works there. ;)
Windows 7 x64 Slimjet 29.0.3 x32. Let it be for now.

avada000

Post by avada000 »

I wonder if this is still the case. I've been using Centbrowser since then, but it very rarely updates. But at least ti doesn't vanquish my installed extensions.