Chrome extensions to amplify sound doesn't work on 64 bits

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
W0gh1tyr

Chrome extensions to amplify sound doesn't work on 64 bits

Post by W0gh1tyr »

I was in 32bits slimjet, then switch to 64 bits, so no one version of sound booster extensions works, on 32 bits version still works on 64 bits. I tried the same extension on chrome and works well. the extension that ive been used is - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gpnjhaimdc - but ive tried some others the others dont work as well. Im in win 11, i only copy and paste the user date folder from 32 bits portable version to 64 bits version folder, but i do another clean instalation of 64 bits portable and the problem persists.
Windows 11 - Slimjet - 40.0.2.0 - 64 bit - Brazil

oftentired

Re: Chrome extensions to amplify sound doesn't work on 64 bits

Post by oftentired »

Issues with Extensions are fairly common as Slimjet is not a "mainstream" browser.

1. Most likely not going to be a Slimjet bug.
2. Most likely cause of an extension issue is the author of the extension has not had opportunity/reason/desire to test the extension on available versions of Slimjet and then resolve compatibility problems.

Since it runs on 32 bit, the easiest solution is may be to run the 32 bit Slimjet instead of 64.

If that isn't a solution for you. The next potential solution is to contact the author of the extension and tell them what you have posted in this forum about the problem. They may choose to work on the problem or not.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

W0gh1tyr

Re: Chrome extensions to amplify sound doesn't work on 64 bits

Post by W0gh1tyr »

In the new one version it´s works perfectly - Versão 37.0.1.0 (baseado no Chromium 107.0.5304.62) (Versão oficial) 64 bits
Windows 11 - Slimjet - 40.0.2.0 - 64 bit - Brazil