Chrome Web Store stopped working in Slimjet?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
666Hella999

Chrome Web Store stopped working in Slimjet?

Post by 666Hella999 »

I have Windows 7 64bit. Chrome Web Store stopped working for me in Slimjet, on 2 computers today! There's no pictures and it writes Error at any attempt to install an extension! :( On PC1 I had a version like 86 (the working file was slimjet.exe) and it was set up a few months ago, it had a theme from Chrome Web store, it had a VPN or several, it worked today morning and I was on facebook! (it is blocked in my country). Before that, I had no shortcut on the desktop, searched for it in Start menu, didn't find, I thought it wasn't installed, and tried to install a 64bit version from July 2022, it wrote error, it wasn't installed. Then I found the existing installation under the Start menu, in a folder (it wrote it was pinned to Start menu), copied the file address, created a shortcut manually, it was slimjet.exe and it worked. Then I don't know what happened to me why I decided to re-install Slimjet, I thought 64bit would be better than 32bit, so I uninstalled what I had, I didn't think I would so essencially lose my browser by it! I installed 64bit, then it was empty and I couldn't install any theme and any vpn from chrome web store! :( Later I thought, maybe an older version or 32bit one would work like before, so I removed 64bit and installed 32bit from a full installer on my computer, but it has the same problem :( I don't remember which version I had before, that worked, it was long ago and maybe from a web installer and maybe was updated on the run... It's so strange! How can it be? I even think about using an autobackup of my system from last week, to overwrite my whole system to get to that version and that state when this browser worked. On my other computer PC2 there was also a slimjet with a theme from Chrome web store, it was 64bit, it was more recent, it worked and had my settings, but today it offered me an update on the run and I agreed, and then I noticed it lost my settings, my vpn and I could no longer install any extension from chrome web Store. I checked my Google Chrome browser - it works normally with Chrome Web store, shows pictures and is able to install extensions. Please explain me what happens, what to do, please return to the version where Chrome Web store worked!!!