What is making all of my tabs disappear?!

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
bricology

What is making all of my tabs disappear?!

Post by bricology »

In the past few days, I have accidentally closed all tabs by doing something on my keyboard, and at other times, something with my pointer. This has happened at least 4 times, and it's driving me up the *X%&@$^ing wall!

The right-click context menu has an option of "close all tabs", but does not list a keyboard shortcut for also doing this, so I have no idea what kind of combination of "CTRL" plus anything else, could be accidentally causing it. Nor can I figure out how accidentally dragging my pointer across the screen could do this.

Is there any way to "restore all tabs" or "reopen all tabs" after accidentally doing this? Is there any way to prevent it in the first place?!

And as a follow-on question: when I go to "history" and see a list of pages I have recently visited, there are check boxes next to each. But if I check multiple boxes, I still don't see any way to open more than one at a time by right-clicking each one and selecting "open in new tab". Why isn't there some way to open multiple closed pages by selecting them?

oftentired

Re: What is making all of my tabs disappear?!

Post by oftentired »

If you have Mouse Gestures enabled, try turning that feature off

CTRL+` will close all tabs from a domain

right click an open tab to see the other keyboard shortcuts available to close a tab
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11