Bookmark menus on v. 34.0.1.0

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Anonymosity

Bookmark menus on v. 34.0.1.0

Post by Anonymosity »

Why are the labels for folders on the bookmark toolbar for v. 34.0.1.0 white? That makes them very hard to read. How would I turn them back to black text?

Anonymosity

Re: Bookmark menus on v. 34.0.1.0

Post by Anonymosity »

I seem to have found the solution. I am using the Banana theme with Slimjet, and I remembered that I solved a colour problem with a theme in Brave by modifying manifest.json belonging to that theme. I tried the same thing with the theme I use with Slimjet and changed the text colour for bookmarks. Now that text is black again.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Anonymosity wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:10 pm
I seem to have found the solution. I am using the Banana theme with Slimjet, and I remembered that I solved a colour problem with a theme in Brave by modifying manifest.json belonging to that theme. I tried the same thing with the theme I use with Slimjet and changed the text colour for bookmarks. Now that text is black again.

Oh here's the guy with the mysterious "modifying manifest.json" again!

See:

https://www.slimjet.com/en/forum/viewto ... f=6&t=3200

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Anonymosity wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:21 am
Why are the labels for folders on the bookmark toolbar for v. 34.0.1.0 white? That makes them very hard to read. How would I turn them back to black text?

I just looked at your OP. Your labels for folders are white? White on a white background? Mine are black on a dark gray background. That's what I've been complaining about. (v 34.0.2.0 )

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The labels were white on a yellow background because I use the Banana theme. They are now black after I edited the bookmark text colour in manifest.json.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Anonymosity wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:45 pm
The labels were white on a yellow background because I use the Banana theme. They are now black after I edited the bookmark text colour in manifest.json.

If they r going to mess with the bookmark text colors and make them hard to see (i have a lot of bookmarks and the bookmark side panel is one of the main things i liked about Slimjet) why not make a control to change it?

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

What I did works. What kind of control?