YouTube not working at all with v. 33.0.0.0

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Anonymosity

YouTube not working at all with v. 33.0.0.0

Post by Anonymosity »

I just tried several YouTube videos with Slimjet 33.0.0.0 and they will not start playing. I just get an error message:
"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: BnnDGrYLbf3P4Bat)".
The videos work fine with Vivaldi (another chromium browser), with SeaMonkey and with Safari (webkit, but not blink).

litara3111

Re: YouTube not working at all with v. 33.0.0.0

Post by litara3111 »

Anonymosity wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:27 pm
I just tried several YouTube videos with Slimjet 33.0.0.0 and they will not start playing. I just get an error message:
"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: BnnDGrYLbf3P4Bat)".
The videos work fine with Vivaldi (another chromium browser), with SeaMonkey and with Safari (webkit, but not blink).
I got this issue once I installed this on my machine but after restarting it never happens again. But I am having issues with the YouTube Videos Ads they are super annoying and I am unable to block with the slimjet

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Later on, I replaced libffmpeg.dylib in Slimjet with the one that normally comes with it, and now the YouTube videos play, but mp4s do not. I use YouTube more, so I shall have to use another browser to play those.
uBlock Origin seems to block most of the ads on YouTube. I run into one occasionally, but it is fine most of the time. Someone on another forum suggested that blocking Doubleclick completely should help, and I did that with my personal filters in uBlock Origin.

charityAMG

Post by charityAMG »

Get the new libffmpeg in here: https://github.com/Ld-Hagen/fix-opera-linux-ffmpeg-widevine/releases. Downloads the 0.57.1 version, extract it and replace it to the one in /opt/slimjet (rename the old libffmpeg.so -> libffmpeg.so.old)

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The link says "linux". The content of the zip file has the wrong extension name. For MacOS, the extension name of a subroutine library has to be .dylib.

litara3111

Post by litara3111 »

charityAMG wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:44 am
Get the new libffmpeg in here: https://github.com/Ld-Hagen/fix-opera-linux-ffmpeg-widevine/releases. Downloads the 0.57.1 version, extract it and replace it to the one in /opt/slimjet (rename the old libffmpeg.so -> libffmpeg.so.old)
upgraded to the 0.60.0 how to roll back?