Version 33 general discussion.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Passenger

Version 33 general discussion.

Post by Passenger »

1) As far as I can tell, nothing new broken. This tells me they are getting better about regression testing.

2) Seems like shutdown has gotten quicker, but not sure they did anything. Maybe I'll get back to this point after more fiddling.

3) Turned on the new https setting. Love it.

4) Can anyone here do a little hand holding about how to use the Desktop Sharing Hub? Thank you.

Passenger

Re: Version 33 general discussion.

Post by Passenger »

Looks like they have seriously tweaked the memory hogging problem some more.

I wish the devs would be more transparent about this sort of thing.

victorfb

Post by victorfb »

Well, it says general discussion so I will post this here instead of starting a new thread.

Does anyone know wen will ffmpeg be available for slimjet_amd64.deb?
I tried 0.55.0-linux-x64.zip but it did not work. The I noticed that it said "NOTE: libffmpeg for Slimjet 33 is not available yet" so I reverted back to 32.0.4.0.

charityAMG

Post by charityAMG »

Get the new libffmpeg in here: https://github.com/Ld-Hagen/fix-opera-linux-ffmpeg-widevine/releases
You also get it from Vivaldi browser, but I'm not sure it work in slimjet 33 (see more here): https://github.com/iteufel/nwjs-ffmpeg-prebuilt/issues/119

victorfb

Post by victorfb »

posted this to github but thought that i would post it here if anybody wants to confirm it or to say that it is only me.

Tried to post actual links but got this message: No external links allowed for recently registered users.

Linux Mint Cinnamon 64 bit 20.2 - up to date

downloaded slimjet 33 - slimjet_amd64.deb from slimjet.com/en/dlpage.php?update=1
downloaded 0.59.0-linux-x64.zip from github.com/Ld-Hagen/fix-opera-linux-ffmpeg-widevine/releases

installed slimjet from terminal using sudo dpkg -i slimjet_amd64.deb
per slimjet instructions unziped ffmpeg and ran sudo cp libffmpeg.so /opt/slimjet/

slimjet 33 without ffmpeg plays wav files. with ffmpeg trying to play wav files comes back with Error code: SIGSEGV
it might do it on other pages that do not have wav files but have not done that much testing.

you could try it on the following site by playing the wav files
wavsource.com/movie_stars/cagney.htm
wavsource.com

rseilersj

Post by rseilersj »

Just a reminder that the ability to remove the "Search tabs" button (pictured in the middle of the screenshot wasting space) is no longer possible as of recent Chromiums, so if we're ever going to be able to do it again it's going to have to be a Slimjet toggle (or tighter spacing if that's not possible). Here's hoping something happens. Since there's a simple hotkey for it (Ctrl-Shift-A) the button isn't even needed.

victorfb

Post by victorfb »

Got a reply from github.
It seems Slimjet 33 uses old Chromium version (94) try libffmpeg 0.58.0 or 0.57.1

Tried libffmpeg 0.58.0 and it worked. Now using slimjet 33.