New Look for Save Bookmark GUI on Address Bar

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
oftentired

New Look for Save Bookmark GUI on Address Bar

Post by oftentired »

This is a COMPLAINT I don't care if it is the chrome engine or changed by Flashpeak. This new GUI for saving a bookmark using the Star icon on the address bar is terrible. It took me three experiments and several minutes of frustration before I tried hitting the ENTER key to realize that is the way to get the thing to save a bookmark. (And that was after the frustration of figuring out drilling down to a sub-folder).

Any time I have to switch from mouse to keyboard or vice-versa is WASTED time.

The previous GUI for this task was not the most intuitive but at least it was relatively easy to figure out.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7bfb4bef

Re: New Look for Save Bookmark Star GUI on Address Bar

Post by 7bfb4bef »

I guess you never have head of using the keyboard shortcut "CTRL-D" to save a bookmark? :lol:

dev

Post by dev »

7bfb4bef wrote:I guess you never have head of using the keyboard shortcut "CTRL-D" to save a bookmark? :lol:
As he said that's wasted time.

I tend to right click bookmark this page then choose the folder.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

7bfb4bef wrote:I guess you never have head of using the keyboard shortcut "CTRL-D" to save a bookmark? :lol:
Ctl+D results in the same menu as used when clicking the Star icon

My complaint is about the user interface (GUI) after clicking the icon or clicking Ctl+D. The GUI has changed.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I also am confused about whether this feature is SJ or chromium, and I don't want to offend Flashpeak, whose work I use and admire. But that is one very bad BM utility indeed, as it now stands.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

It's a Chromium issue. They've destroyed the Bookmarks Manager as well. A total disaster.

dev

Post by dev »

slimjet://flags/ disable Enable Enhanced Bookmarks.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Perfect, thanks. At least for now we can turn it off. May I suggest that before turning it off, open Bookmarks Manager and hit the Feedback button, and let the Chromium people know what you think about one atrocious piece of design and functionality. Seems to be a mad rush for "different" these days in software, rather than "better", or even "good".

dev

Post by dev »

Yeah its only a temp fix, google will make the new gui standard so hopefully flashpeak will leave a option to disable or enable in future releases

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

they have reverted back to the former GUI