Turns out Firefox is evil, too.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Passenger

Turns out Firefox is evil, too.

Post by Passenger »

Want to support Firefox? Great, you'll have no problem with personalised, sponsored search suggestions then
The Register
Dark pattern consent dialog invites users to share their location with advertisers

Mozilla is trialling personalised advertising in its Firefox Suggest feature, along with sponsored search results, with users told that it "helps fund Firefox development."

Firefox Suggest was first introduced last month in Firefox 92, billed as "a new discovery feature that is built directly into the browser."

Anonymosity

Re: Turns out Firefox is evil, too.

Post by Anonymosity »

I thought Firefox was already putting ads in its new tab page.

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Oh, it's not the first time I've heard bad things about firefox

That's why I left Firefox, because it became a bad browser (both in content and in form)

I used to be on Firefox, because it claimed to respect my privacy and I supported a better web.

That was before, since I discovered that Mozilla was funded by Google (and in exchange google was the default search engine), not to mention that "for a privacy friendly browser" they put a bunch of tracking tools by default!

Moreover, they even use Google tools!
Example on their official site :

Mozilla Firefox is worse than we think, once I remember they had put ads in the page "new tab" it had made controversy and they removed it

Or for Firefox Suggest, they send all the input on the address bar to Mozilla; for a browser that is supposed to respect our privacy!

As a Mozilla Firefox user, these practices of Mozilla disgust me and that's why I don't use it anymore and I'm on Slimjet

And now Mozilla is surprised by their fall in market share! That doesn't surprise me considering the numerous missteps they have made.
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

To add another layer!

-In 2022, $512 million of Mozilla's $593 million revenues will still come from Google!
-And then the CEO's salary is just unbelievable for an entity that continues to fall: $6,903,089 for 2022 (i.e. nearly $500,000/month), up 1.3 Million on 2021!

https://www.zdnet.com/home-and-office/n ... relevance/
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)