Slimjet Failed to Convert Audio and Video

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Papabear502

Slimjet Failed to Convert Audio and Video

Post by Papabear502 »

Good morning,

This is my first time posting here so please bear with me.

I am running Slimjet on a Windows 10 system, and when I try to download Youtube videos I get these error messages (and I'm running the latest Slimjet version)

Failed to convert audio file into mp3 format!
Failed to merge video and audio data!

This does NOT occur when I try and same thing on a Windows 7 system. Please advise on what to do.

Thanks.

P.S. I really like Slimjet so I hope it's just a programming buggaboo and something that can be fixed.

oftentired

Re: Slimjet Failed to Convert Audio and Video

Post by oftentired »

Go for a smaller video first. Let the video play on your system for about 10 seconds. Then pause the video. Then try the download button.

Also, be aware, some videos are protected, and won't work regardless.

And, this is not a bug at this time, so I'm moving the topic to the General forum.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Papabear502

Post by Papabear502 »

I can record the same video on a Windows 7 machine, that will not record on a Windows 10 machine, with no problems, so how is this not a bug? Surely there has to be something in regards to Windows 10 that is causing the problem.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Search the forum for "transcoder" and have a read, see if anything pops out at your for resolution.
I suggest using the "Search current site" feature that can be put on the menu as an icon instead of the actual forum search bar.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11