Issues with Slimjet: I'm off for good now.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
spotify95

Issues with Slimjet: I'm off for good now.

Post by spotify95 »

Hello,

I have had a few issues recently with regards to the Slimjet web browser. All of this is on Windows 7 32-bit version of Slimjet.

As of recently the CPU has been using 25% all by itself, with a few sites open (Gmail, eBay, Gumtree, H&M, ASOS, Youtube, and a few forums), with multiple tabs per site. Checking the in built task manager (baked into Slimjet) showed that nothing in particular was causing this - no extensions, no individual pages - just the browser.

I upgraded to version 31.0 (can't remember what version it was previously on) and not only did this issue remain, but the browser UI had no minimize, maximize/windowed, and close buttons. I had to restart the DWN process from within Windows Task Manager to get a usable interface.

I upgraded a couple of days ago to version 31.0.2 and it also failed to solve the problem. I left it closed (from yesterday) to preserve CPU temperatures/usage.

Today I find that Slimjet 31.0.2 had completely dumped all of my last tabs I was using! The "restore previous session" button did nothing. I had to try (and I mean try) and manually recover all of the tabs I had open. (I got the main ones but have missed some.)
It is not the first time that Slimjet has dumped my tabs session - unlike my alternatives (Chrome, Firefox, Pale Moon).

Given that the whole purpose of using Slimjet in the first place, namely the option to use NPAPI plugins (such as Google's Hangouts plugin), and access Flash based websites (such as Kongregate), is completely defeated, there is absolutely no point in me keeping Slimjet (with it being unreliable like this). It has therefore been uninstalled and I am back to using Chrome again.

So I guess this is goodbye from me.