31.0.1.0 general discussion

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Anonymosity

Re: 31.0.1.0 general discussion

Post by Anonymosity »

Passenger wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:51 am
Looks like cookie handling is still screwed up in some cases.

Reverting to 29.0.3.0
I have not noticed a problem with cookies, but password handling is definitely screwed up.

rseilersj

Post by rseilersj »

Too bad about the amount of space that the tiny Chromium tab-search button inexplicably reserves to its left (the space on the right is there regardless). I'd rather remove it (via flag) than live with that despite its utility. Ideally it would push itself right to make room for more tabs.

And has this feature replaced the hamburger menu that used to be nearby to show a list of tabs? That's nowhere to be found now, even with many tabs open, though I'm not sure it was in v29, either.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The cookie problem:

Most of the cookie problems with version 30 are fixed, but this deal killer remains.

1) Settings configured to delete cookies on exit.
2) Go to a retail website.
3) Pay using PayPal, which opens up a pop-up window.
4) When the pop-up window closes, all cookies cleared.

This is bad because the cookies for session with the transaction in the main window (and any other sessions in other tabs) are all cleared.

In general, closing a second window of any type (other than incognito) clears all cookies as if closing the application entirely.
Works OK in the latest Brave, so it's not a Chrome bug.

Reported and partially fixed (it was also doing it for incognito windows in version 30).

I didn't notice at first in version 31 because I so rarely open a second regular window and prevent almost all pop-ups.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

rseilersj wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:12 pm
Too bad about the amount of space that the tiny Chromium tab-search button inexplicably reserves to its left (the space on the right is there regardless). I'd rather remove it (via flag) than live with that despite its utility. Ideally it would push itself right to make room for more tabs.

And has this feature replaced the hamburger menu that used to be nearby to show a list of tabs? That's nowhere to be found now, even with many tabs open, though I'm not sure it was in v29, either.
If you want a list of tabs, the "Tab" item in the main menu bar will show you that.

rseilersj

Post by rseilersj »

Anonymosity wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:35 pm
If you want a list of tabs, the "Tab" item in the main menu bar will show you that.
Yes, but I can't figure out where you mean, having looked through the menu. But maybe you mean a toolbar button. If so, I also don't see it there.

The one that I knew about was a button directly to the right of the last tab. It's now gone, possibly intentionally (if so, then it's because of the tab search feature).

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

31.0.2.0 is out.

Try and if you don't succeed.

I just don't want to give up on Slimjet. :mrgreen:

Will report back soon.

flobou5783

Post by flobou5783 »

rseilersj wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:12 pm

I have the exact same issue, just upgraded from 29 to 31.0.2 and the "hamburger" button to open the list of tabs has been replaced by a droplist/arrow "Search Tabs" button... the issue being that it takes 10 times the space it should! So my tabs bar is squeezed to the left instead of going to the right of the screen. Here's a screenshot with a red ellipse showing the issue, please fix this soon!

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

rseilersj wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:49 pm
Anonymosity wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:35 pm
Yes, but I can't figure out where you mean, having looked through the menu. But maybe you mean a toolbar button. If so, I also don't see it there.

The one that I knew about was a button directly to the right of the last tab. It's now gone, possibly intentionally (if so, then it's because of the tab search feature).
If you look at the main menu bar, the Tab item is between Profiles and Window.