Need quicklaunch slimjet icon

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
islandman

Need quicklaunch slimjet icon

Post by islandman »

How do I get a quick launch slimjet icon on my desktop?

dev

Re: Need quicklaunch slimjet icon

Post by dev »

If your using windows just drag the desktop icon to your quick launch area or taskbar to pin it, if there is no shortcut icon go into slimjet installation folder and look for it there (slimjet.exe)

islandman

Post by islandman »

So far Dev, anything I drag to my desktop (from a reduced slimjet page) fails to open slimjet. I am reduced to left clicking the slimjet globe in the task bar and then clicking on "about slimjet" to open a page. Even in Task manager, I can't drag any of the globes to desktop.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

quick launch is a toolbar on the taskbar it is not in the actual desktop area but by default directly below it as part of the taskbar. You will need to drag an icon to the quick launch toolbar area of your taskbar and drop it there.

islandman

Post by islandman »

ah, I have it there oftentired, tiny icons ie avast,slimjet notifications,slimjet,safely remove hardware,battery indicator,connected to,volume and clock. What I have on my desktop running along the top, is, bin,sudio,keep, anvi repair browser repair tool,libre office,video's and IE and where I would like slimjet. When I install chrome or FF, they appear there so it's why I would like slimjet icon so I can open it from there.

As for your "you will need to drag" etc, I can't find anything that will open up the browser from being dragged there.

islandman

Post by islandman »

HOO FLIPPIN RAY!, I've done it.

That's the good news, I did it via cog wheel on start up BUT, all the top gubbins/bars have gone. Back to drawing board.

Everything is perfect now. :lol: :lol: :lol: