full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
SJ_Diamond

full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by SJ_Diamond »

Hello :)

Have decided to give Slimjet a second try. Performance is quite good and the additional icons in the nav bar are great.

How about the chance of adding a full status bar or make the navigation bar really fully customizable? Aka moving forward/backward button or moving around the adress field?

Would be nice to see you guys making more out of the static Chromium UI if possible.

sfcheng

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by sfcheng »

Thanks for your feedback. We will make the navigation bar a little more customizable down the road. However, as to the full status bar, I am not sure it will be desired by many users. If I hear this from many other users as well, I will consider it again.

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

You should really consider making it fully customizable. Because i guess that kind of customization is still the most possible thing what you can modify from Chromium.

Nothing big wanted, i would be happy if i could switch off the reload button and move the forward/backward button right after the url field.

sfcheng

Post by sfcheng »

I agree with your point on the reload button since it's not really frequently used. However, moving the back/forward arrows to the right side seems a little weird. I have yet to see any browser who put the arrows on the right side.
SJ_Diamond wrote:You should really consider making it fully customizable. Because i guess that kind of customization is still the most possible thing what you can modify from Chromium.

Nothing big wanted, i would be happy if i could switch off the reload button and move the forward/backward button right after the url field.

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

Ok, good to hear. At least something.

Some additional idea which falls also unter this thread. Is it possible to put a feature from your other browsers into that one? I mean to have the option to have url field/forward/back button in the tab bar.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

That is a little more difficult and would break a lot of things in the current code base.
SJ_Diamond wrote:Ok, good to hear. At least something.

Some additional idea which falls also unter this thread. Is it possible to put a feature from your other browsers into that one? I mean to have the option to have url field/forward/back button in the tab bar.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Nordones

Post by Nordones »

sfcheng wrote:Thanks for your feedback. We will make the navigation bar a little more customizable down the road. However, as to the full status bar, I am not sure it will be desired by many users. If I hear this from many other users as well, I will consider it again.
Good to hear about making it more user customizable. For my two cents, I would like to have buttons like a New Tab button and a Close Open Tab.

Tks.
-N-

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Nordones wrote:
sfcheng wrote:Thanks for your feedback. We will make the navigation bar a little more customizable down the road. However, as to the full status bar, I am not sure it will be desired by many users. If I hear this from many other users as well, I will consider it again.
Good to hear about making it more user customizable. For my two cents, I would like to have buttons like a New Tab button and a Close Open Tab.

Tks.
mmmm the Plus sign at the right side of the last open tab is a "new tab" button
and
the default X on the right hand side of every open tab is a "close tab" button
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Nordones

Post by Nordones »

Nordones wrote:Good to hear about making it more user customizable. For my two cents, I would like to have buttons like a New Tab button and a Close Open Tab.
oftentired wrote: mmmm the Plus sign at the right side of the last open tab is a "new tab" button and the default X on the right hand side of every open tab is a "close tab" button
Call me "oftenblind" Did not see those little icons with my tired eyes. And, in my defense, I prefer browsers that have a more traditional interface, like SlimBoat. That said, SlimJet is my No. One browser, but it is a learning leason for sure.

Much thanks.
-N-

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Yes I agree, a more customizable omnibar/navbar would be cool to see! And It would defiantly make your browser way more different by design.

My Thoughts: I would like to be able to add/remove extensions anywhere on the omnibar. Umm... something like FF's customizable navigation toolbar?? Just a thought on hand.