full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Post Reply
SJ_Diamond
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 am

full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by SJ_Diamond » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:42 am

Hello :)

Have decided to give Slimjet a second try. Performance is quite good and the additional icons in the nav bar are great.

How about the chance of adding a full status bar or make the navigation bar really fully customizable? Aka moving forward/backward button or moving around the adress field?

Would be nice to see you guys making more out of the static Chromium UI if possible.

Thanks :)

sfcheng

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by sfcheng » Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks for your feedback. We will make the navigation bar a little more customizable down the road. However, as to the full status bar, I am not sure it will be desired by many users. If I hear this from many other users as well, I will consider it again.

SJ_Diamond
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 am

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by SJ_Diamond » Sun May 18, 2014 12:38 pm

You should really consider making it fully customizable. Because i guess that kind of customization is still the most possible thing what you can modify from Chromium.

Nothing big wanted, i would be happy if i could switch off the reload button and move the forward/backward button right after the url field.

Thanks :)

sfcheng

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by sfcheng » Mon May 19, 2014 10:35 pm

I agree with your point on the reload button since it's not really frequently used. However, moving the back/forward arrows to the right side seems a little weird. I have yet to see any browser who put the arrows on the right side.
SJ_Diamond wrote:You should really consider making it fully customizable. Because i guess that kind of customization is still the most possible thing what you can modify from Chromium.

Nothing big wanted, i would be happy if i could switch off the reload button and move the forward/backward button right after the url field.

Thanks :)

SJ_Diamond
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 am

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by SJ_Diamond » Tue May 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Ok, good to hear. At least something.

Some additional idea which falls also unter this thread. Is it possible to put a feature from your other browsers into that one? I mean to have the option to have url field/forward/back button in the tab bar.

flashpeak
Site Admin
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by flashpeak » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:00 pm

That is a little more difficult and would break a lot of things in the current code base.
SJ_Diamond wrote:Ok, good to hear. At least something.

Some additional idea which falls also unter this thread. Is it possible to put a feature from your other browsers into that one? I mean to have the option to have url field/forward/back button in the tab bar.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Nordones
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by Nordones » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:04 pm

sfcheng wrote:Thanks for your feedback. We will make the navigation bar a little more customizable down the road. However, as to the full status bar, I am not sure it will be desired by many users. If I hear this from many other users as well, I will consider it again.
Good to hear about making it more user customizable. For my two cents, I would like to have buttons like a New Tab button and a Close Open Tab.

Tks.
-N-

User avatar
oftentired
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 am

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by oftentired » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Nordones wrote:
sfcheng wrote:Thanks for your feedback. We will make the navigation bar a little more customizable down the road. However, as to the full status bar, I am not sure it will be desired by many users. If I hear this from many other users as well, I will consider it again.
Good to hear about making it more user customizable. For my two cents, I would like to have buttons like a New Tab button and a Close Open Tab.

Tks.
mmmm the Plus sign at the right side of the last open tab is a "new tab" button
and
the default X on the right hand side of every open tab is a "close tab" button
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

Running 32 Bit SJ on Win 7 Pro

Nordones
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by Nordones » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:23 pm

sfcheng wrote:Thanks for your feedback. We will make the navigation bar a little more customizable down the road. However, as to the full status bar, I am not sure it will be desired by many users. If I hear this from many other users as well, I will consider it again.
Nordones wrote:Good to hear about making it more user customizable. For my two cents, I would like to have buttons like a New Tab button and a Close Open Tab.
oftentired wrote: mmmm the Plus sign at the right side of the last open tab is a "new tab" button and the default X on the right hand side of every open tab is a "close tab" button
Call me "oftenblind" Did not see those little icons with my tired eyes. And, in my defense, I prefer browsers that have a more traditional interface, like SlimBoat. That said, SlimJet is my No. One browser, but it is a learning leason for sure.

Much thanks.
-N-

LimboSlam
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:02 am

Re: full status bar and make navbar full customizable?

Post by LimboSlam » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:06 am

Yes I agree, a more customizable omnibar/navbar would be cool to see! And It would defiantly make your browser way more different by design.




My Thoughts: I would like to be able to add/remove extensions anywhere on the omnibar. Umm... something like FF's customizable navigation toolbar?? Just a thought on hand.

Post Reply