GoOgLe Search On New Tab? A workaround.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jackdashack

GoOgLe Search On New Tab? A workaround.

Post by jackdashack »

I was reading the thread on this search bar thing and went to REPLY it asked me to sign in. When I did it seemed to take me away from where I was reading. So I couldn't continue to read.

There's seems to be the idea that in Slimjet you cannot remove the Google Search Bar right smack in front of your theme. I have this beautiful shot of a castle up on a high hill. Beautiful, real shot not a cartoon. And right smack in the middle is GOOGLE in a big ugly bar.

Isn't there somewhere in Slimjet to remove this, even if you have to go deep. I wonder if just removing Google as your chosen search engine would do it.

Appreciate any help. ":-\\
Last edited by jackdashack on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

jackdashack

Re: The GoOgLe Search Bar (again)

Post by jackdashack »

Well I found one sure way. I change my Search to Yahoo! Dropped off Google. I can always make a fav link if I want specifically Google. Closed out the browser and restarted it and Wahhlaa~ Big old ugly Google bar is not hiding my theme pics.

Workaround but that's fine with me for now.

oftentired

Re: GoOgLe Search On New Tab? A workaround.

Post by oftentired »

In Settings > Omnibox, turn off dedicated search box
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jackdashack

Re: GoOgLe Search On New Tab? A workaround.

Post by jackdashack »

oftentired wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 pm
In Settings > Omnibox, turn off dedicated search box
Thanks! Seems simple and forward. I checked there to see what I had. The box for dedicated was greyed out or off. So I added Google in again as a search engine. There the search field is again, despite the "show dedicated search box'' being OFF. So I'm back to square one, deleted Google and use Yahoo and the big ugly search goes away. Apparently BIG GOOGLE just want's it's foot in there.

Appreciate your time. jackdashack ":-Dx