Slimjet stopped working to send email

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
beep2222

Slimjet stopped working to send email

Post by beep2222 »

Two days ago my Slimjet stopped working when I opened my ISP to send email. I type the message and press send it shows a pop up which says Sending Mail connected to mail.gmx.com which is my correct SMTP address, it shows progress which goes on and on and never sends. I finally cancel and it says mail not sent.

Apparently something is wrong with my Slimjet settings. What could it be and how can I correct it?

Two days ago I installed Avast AV to my pc, Avast popup asked permission to change some browser settings, I said NO. I have since restored my OS to get rid of AVAST. Could an Avast setting cause this change.

Thanks

oftentired

Re: Slimjet stopped working to send email

Post by oftentired »

The only Slimjet things I can think of that may have some effect on webmail would be the ad blocker or an extension. You can turn off the ad blocker in settings or from the icon you can make sure the webmail page is not having ads blocked. And you can disable all extensions by running in the browser incognito to check these possibilities. I would check these 2 things one at a time.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

oftentired wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:27 pm
The only Slimjet things I can think of that may have some effect on webmail would be the ad blocker or an extension. You can turn off the ad blocker in settings or from the icon you can make sure the webmail page is not having ads blocked. And you can disable all extensions by running in the browser incognito to check these possibilities. I would check these 2 things one at a time.
And yes, it is certainly possible that Avast is behind this problem.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Teto2020

Post by Teto2020 »

I recommend changing your antivirus to solve the problem
Visit my blog https://pdfedit.pro/

beep2222

Post by beep2222 »

Got rid of problem by restoring backup made prior to installing Avast.

Thanks