need help to recover Login Data

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
swanpaul

need help to recover Login Data

Post by swanpaul »

last day my pc crash.... i'm forced to force shut down my laptop.
when reboot my pc, start slimjet go to one site and this required password....
i have saved password for this site. then go on setting - password and all my list saved password is empty!!
i have a backup of file Login Data to another folder. go to this file, copy and past on default slimjet folder but nothing.... also with this old Login Data file my password list is empty....
i have saved all my password to another secure file, no problem for this, but only one site i don't have saved on my txt file. then i want recover from Login Data file this only one password.
Login data is encrypted and np++ don't see passw. how to recover data login from this file? it is possible that?
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32
Native ad-blocker enabled

oftentired

Re: need help to recover Login Data

Post by oftentired »

No. For your own protection.

Go to the website and do the forgot password or other similar recovery there.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

swanpaul

Post by swanpaul »

1) For your own protection...
yes, precisely serves for me not for others. and anyway we have a method to decrypt this file....i was looking for a shorter solution but it's not impossible

2) forgot password... yes i know. but i have used a fake temp mail for this site, then it's not possible to recover my passw through this....

3) but in the end i would like to understand why after a sudden shutdown and a restart of sljet my list is empty ...
now my Login Data file is 140 Kb and if open in np++ i see all the sites whose passw saved... because sljet no longer sees this list???
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32

swanpaul

Post by swanpaul »

this is not problem of slimjet.
i have try also on chrome and same behavior. recover from my backup Login Data and also on chrome my list password is empty....
recover Login Data from previous backup don't work!

anyway i have find valid python script to see password list from Login Data file.

problem solved
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32