Open link in new tab issue

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
heatcliff

Open link in new tab issue

Post by heatcliff »

This problem began around a month ago. I always use the latest slimjet version on Win 7 sp1 64 ultimate.

More than often when I right click on a link in some page and I select "open in a new tab", the new tab does open then immediately closes.
I have to copy the link, create a new tab and paste the link there to open it. Happens several times / day.

Current version is SJ Version 28.0.3.0 (based on Chromium 85.0.4183.69) (Official Build) (32-bit)

oftentired

Re: Open link in new tab issue

Post by oftentired »

have you noticed any other behaviours on your PC where something is activated twice or unexpectedly during normal activities?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

heatcliff

Post by heatcliff »

Indeed.

Sometimes, the focus switch to another opened program while I watch something on Kodi. I tried 'query user' in a cmd window but I seemed all alone.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Replace your mouse, as a test, and see if your issues continue.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

heatcliff

Post by heatcliff »

Did that last week, the old one was unreliable: click debouncing was bad. No changes as far as slimjet is concerned. The tabs are auto closing themselves and it's not mouse related. Thanks for the hint anyway.

heatcliff

Re: Open link in new tab issue [solved]

Post by heatcliff »

Solved

That was an extension blocking pop-ups that also blocked new tabs: "ad block" by adaware.

In case someone else experience something similar.

Best!