English Characters Cannot Be Displayed Properly

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ChimareaJLJ

English Characters Cannot Be Displayed Properly

Post by ChimareaJLJ »

Dear Users,

My name is Frederic.

Here is the necessary information for you to determine my issue:
SlimJet: Version 27.0.7.0 (based on Chromium 83.0.4103.61) (Official Build) (32-bit)

Issue: On certain webpages, the English characters cannot be displayed properly when they are opened with SlimJet (please see the link for the images). The characters can be displayed as normal when the same webpages are opened with Microsoft Edge and IE. The problem does not occur on other webpages: I have no problem with Gmail.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtmzqNtkZPoAgQNJrsy ... l?e=LSxXKD

I require your assistance, anyone who knows how to solve the issue.

Sincerely.

Passenger

Re: English Characters Cannot Be Displayed Properly

Post by Passenger »

I have noticed that on Chrome based browsers there is no easy and intuitive way of changing character encoding on the fly (unlike Firefox).

I don't have the problem Frederic has, but to me the obvious thing to try is a different character encoding.
Is there a way to do this on Slimjet through the normal interface?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I use the Extension, Font Rendering Enhancer
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ChimareaJLJ

Post by ChimareaJLJ »

Dear Passenger and oftentired,

I tried Font Rendering Enhancer and many other Encoders, but to no avail.

The cause of the issue is not the font or the language itself at all, because I can open other webpages that contain English characters with SlimJet normally.

Does anyone know about the issue and how to fix it?

Sincerely.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

That page just keeps flashing and does not load. That happens with my other chromium browser, Vivaldi, as well.

ChimareaJLJ

Post by ChimareaJLJ »

Anonymosity,

Which page are you referring to?

There are many issues with SlimJet:
1) The English character display issue that I have already described; Microsoft Edge and IE can open those pages without no issues;
2) Sometimes Slimjet cannot load the same pages that I can simultaneously open with Microsoft Edge and IE - keeps loading, no error message;
3) Slimjet cannot load the same pages that I can simultaneously open with other browsers - 403 Forbidden error message;
4) Slimjet cannot load the same pages that I can simultaneously open with other browsers - Err_Too_Many_Retries.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I don't think a forum discussion on this issue will bring it to resolution. Making a bug report directly to the developer when it happens, be sure to include the webpage URL that has the problem, may lead to a solution. You use this link for it for reporting.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

neillawrencekkd

Post by neillawrencekkd »

Make sure your browser and operating system are updated to the latest versions. If the problem persists, try changing the page encoding in your browser. Select "View" -> "Encoding" and select "Unicode" or "UTF-8". I have other problems, I found english assignment help for college, I use https://essays.edubirdie.com/english-assignment-help for that. There were a lot of problems that I couldn't solve. Thank God everything is okay with this now.