SOLVED starting today a gmail link doesn't open properly

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
sunshine51

SOLVED starting today a gmail link doesn't open properly

Post by sunshine51 »

I have this email that I get every weekend. I open it and the site has three tabs. Starting today the middle tab doesn't open in Slimjet. It still works properly in Firefox or Chrome. I have seen this before with this site but have no idea why it stops working.

Why is this behavior specific to slimjet? Could it be the site itself is partially blocking something in slimjet? Do you think it would help to change slimjet settings?

Like I said before this happened several years ago also and then it started working again. I just don't understand what the cause might be.
Any ideas?
Last edited by sunshine51 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

sunshine51

Re: starting today an gmail link doesn't open properly

Post by sunshine51 »

I just want to add that I am using slimjet on a 64 bit Debian based Linux distro, if that makes any difference.

oftentired

Re: starting today a gmail link doesn't open properly

Post by oftentired »

just to be clear, your talking about the Social tab?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sunshine51

Post by sunshine51 »

No, not the social tab, the link takes me to a page outside of gmail.
The email in question goes to a weekly television program but has two tabs that are normally open.
One is marked radio and the other is marked other broadcasts.
When I open the page from the email announcing a new television broadcast normally a new tab called television opens in between the other two tabs.
For some reason the television tab stops opening when I open the link from gmail in Slimjet sometimes. However when it starts doing this I can still follow the link from other browsers such as Firefox and Chrome and the middle television tab still opens with those browsers.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

It is not possible to provide assistance without actually having the email. Or perhaps a copy of the link in the email that is not working.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sunshine51

Post by sunshine51 »

LOL I just found out the problem is only on one computer.
So I think I will have to figure this out myself.
Thanks for trying to help me.

sunshine51

Re: SOLVED starting today a gmail link doesn't open properly

Post by sunshine51 »

I solved the problem which evidently is not related to Slimjet at all it just seemed that way.
The problem was a web page at Grace to You suddenly did not work as it should have.
I was able to resolve the problem by loading the other broadcasts tab on their page then going back to the previous page and opening it by right clicking and selecting open in new tab.
This time it opened correctly and I got the television broadcast page.
I have marked this problem solved.
Thanks for your help.