How is it that e-bay can do this on Slimjet?!?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
jackdashack

How is it that e-bay can do this on Slimjet?!?

Post by jackdashack »

I noticed today that e-bay has put an icon up in the toolbox area. Many you can right click and say Hide the icon. e-bay gives no such options. I've done what I could to contact them. I called, and a nice agent helped me go to settings and drag and drop what I wanted to show. It worked!!! Until it didn't. Now e-bay has popped back up there. I've removed it again but no guarantee it will stay hidden.

What else can be done. I use e-bay maybe once a year??? I don't need this, and I don't like things thrown at my desktop that I didn't ask for.

Thanks! jackdashack :cry: :roll:

oftentired

Re: How is it that e-bay can do this on Slimjet?!?

Post by oftentired »

https://www.slimjet.com/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52

Flashpeak responded to the forum on this question. It is linked above. Also, while he says it is a one time thing. That is true with two exceptions, one is when you uninstall Slimjet and don't keep any settings the next install will start that "one time thing" all over again and that also goes for an install of the "stand-alone" version which is not supposed to see the settings of a normal install. The second exception has been observed rarely, but, in some instances where a major update is performed the installer resets things back to zero, so to speak, and the "one time thing" will happen again.

The point being tho, if you customize your toolbar and remove it from the icons that are showing, it will normally stay away and not come back. If it is coming back every single time repeatedly time after time on the same installation then there is an issue with the settings which would be best addressed by a complete uninstall and re-install of a fresh download of the program.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

jackdashack

Re: How is it that e-bay can do this on Slimjet?!?

Post by jackdashack »

Thanks so kind! I called e-bay and they pointed me to the customize toolbar. Which if you didn't know it, it's greyed out almost beyond sight. Once I did that it seems to have fixed it, and you did touch on this. Thanks! jackdashack ":-Dx