Opening new tab behavior methods

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Passenger

Opening new tab behavior methods

Post by Passenger »

For background to what I'm getting at note these normal types of Slimjet opening a tab that I have commonly encountered similar in other browsers, notably older versions of Firefox as well as Chrome.

1) Open a new tab immediately to the right of the current tab using the first item in the tab right click menu.

2) Open a tab immediately to the right from a link (specified by the web page or from the link right click menu).
==> This would be default behavior unless specified in the settings to open at the far end.

3) Open a new tab at the far end using the first item main menu, keyboard shortcut, or new tab button.
4) Open a new tab at the far end from the right click menu of a bookmark.

The missing possibility would be to open a new tab immediately to the right from a bookmark.
A nice feature I have seen only in a heavily modified version of Firefox, otherwise not acceptable.

Nice to have: A setting where I can make this behavior the way the right click menu from a bookmark works.
Not desirable: Loading up the right click menu with additional items, or an extension that does "everything".

Question: Maybe some way to do this with chrome://flags/ ?

Thanks for any insights. :mrgreen: