Slimjet updating very flaky

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Passenger

Slimjet updating very flaky

Post by Passenger »

I have noticed this from the start, but today's update was particularly difficult to get done.
I had already turned off automatic updating because of a previous problem and got this one manually.

The updater process crashed a number of times and I had to kill Slimjet through the windows task manager after it finally downloaded OK but would not restart properly.

But OK it's done now.

oftentired

Re: Slimjet updating very flaky

Post by oftentired »

Unless there are a lot of similar issues with this recent update, the likeliest issue will be something going on with your local system. Next time you update double check with a task manager that all the SJ processes are closed. I have a desktop clock extension that uses SJ processes which I have to remember to close. There may be a lingering process from an extension that is slow to close. Just a thought.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Re: Slimjet updating very flaky

Post by Passenger »

Without me doing anything obviously different, this last update went 100% smoothly. :mrgreen: