Features wish list

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Autocascade

Re: Features wish list

Post by Autocascade »

I'd love to see a button for 'find on page' and the ability to place different buttons on the right and left. The home button and navigation icons should be on the left but some others would be better on the right side.

Great browser btw.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Autocascade wrote:I'd love to see a button for 'find on page'.
Interesting but, I think Ctrl + F is used exclusively for this task since immediately following one would type in the word(s) to be found.
Autocascade wrote:and the ability to place different buttons on the right and left. The home button and navigation icons should be on the left but some others would be better on the right side.
I like this suggestion. I'd like to be able to do this as well. Currently I have the entire thing on the right side.

Autocascade

Post by Autocascade »

F3 brings up find also which is more convenient that CRTL-F but I would prefer a button.

I'm sure there is a way to bring up downloads through some button combination also but I like having the download button in the toolbar for convenience.

dev

Post by dev »

Is the "search current site" button a similar option you could use and there is a downloads button, both are in the customize toolbar options.

There should be ability to move any of the toolbar buttons to either the right or the left or even both some right some left but i'm not sure if the chromium ui allows the devs to do it. I've mentioned it before coolnovo had a movable/transparent floating toolbar which you could have buttons on it like zoom, downloads etc, the new vivaldi browser has a similar thing but its static.
It would be nice and its been mentioned before is custom icons for the buttons to be used.

Autocascade

Post by Autocascade »

Search current site opens a search for the entire site as opposed to the page. There's a chrome developer that has made a button for everything but find.

It's not a big deal. I should just take the time and create one myself as an extension that maybe I'll be the only one to use.