Features wish list

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Nordones

Re: Features wish list

Post by Nordones »

flashpeak wrote:I believe it will be requested by many other users as well. We will see if it can be done.
nordnord wrote:One thing I would like to see is a portable apps version of SlimJet, so I can take it with me on my USB stick.

Thanks for listening.
Wow! That was quick! SlimJet Portable and very nice indeed. Have to figure out how to change how I use it and backup it (plugins, etc.) up, but so far very nice. Works great on my USB stick at work where I have talked up portable browsers for some time. They just use Google Chrome straight out of the box and I have been working on a few nonprofits I write grants for to change behavior. These are all community nonprofits and they don't have much expertise or money (for that mattter), so use most everything out of the box.... the biggest expense there is MS Office and Windows 7, requiring most of them to find new desktops with 4 gigs of ram, as they are running pretty old equipment.

I will evangelize for SlimJet... perhaps you can put together a couple of extension packages with the best of breed privacy and security extensions that you could recommend as good with SlimJet that would be a good selling point.

Very nice..... <VBG>

N
-N-

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

A few features as options that will make this great for me (and hopefully others agree). They are in a number of other browsers. I did email the author on scroll tabs and right click!

1. Scroll through tabs if using the mouse scroll anywhere in the tab area.

2. Right click to close a tab

3. An "undo closed tabs" button available in the toolbar that can recall a number of tabs based on user input in options. Single click brings back the last one.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Item 1 is already implemented in 1.1.0 beta.
If you right click on a tab and select "reopen closed tabs" from the context menu, you will get item 3.

I will have to see more users voting on item 2 before it can be considered. After that, we already have support for "double click to close tab" or "middle click to close tab". Right click is usually intended to get a context menu.
jeffhere wrote:A few features as options that will make this great for me (and hopefully others agree). They are in a number of other browsers. I did email the author on scroll tabs and right click!

1. Scroll through tabs if using the mouse scroll anywhere in the tab area.

2. Right click to close a tab

3. An "undo closed tabs" button available in the toolbar that can recall a number of tabs based on user input in options. Single click brings back the last one.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

Please see the comment I made in new topics "1.1.0.0 Beta"

Although scroll implementation is activated now, the default behavior is not robust enough (missing scrolling in the tab bar where there is not tab, no recursive scrolling). I can't shut it off.

"If you right click on a tab and select "reopen closed tabs" from the context menu, you will get item 3. "
- yes, I knew that but its not the behavior I desire. It's multiple clicks to get just the last tab open. I am describing more of a closed tab history where you just click the button (double click it will bring back last tab) and a list appears of X closed tabs you can select from to reopen.

On #2:Come on members, vote for option to right click close!! :lol:
Last edited by jeffhere on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

Right click close vote.. sure, here is my positive vote for that feature :)

TheGrumbler

Post by TheGrumbler »

Please add the following feature to Slimjet:

Multi-User Tab (to be able to log in different accounts simultaneously in special tabs of one browser window)

That one would be nice. I liked it in the Coowon browser.

TheGrumbler

Sandal23

Post by Sandal23 »

Hi,

this is my features whishlist

1) An improved "Other Bookmarks" menu with a search box, a slider to scroll bookmarks and with middle click mouse button to open links in background without close the menu

2) An improved download statusbar. "S3 Download Statusbar" firefox extension, imho, is perfect. It show everything you need like speed, remaining time, progress and it gives you the ability to remove from the system a wrong downloaded item. Please test it, it has many, many features

3) Please remove the annoying popup that is showed when you open more than 15 tabs. At the least increase the value to 30-50 tabs

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Thanks for your suggestions.
You should be able to search for the bookmarks directly from the omnibox.
If you are hovering the mouse on the item being downloaded, you should get more information such as speed and remaining time.

I don't know what annoying popup you are talking about, though. I created 30 tabs and don't see any popup at all.
Sandal23 wrote:Hi,

this is my features whishlist

1) An improved "Other Bookmarks" menu with a search box, a slider to scroll bookmarks and with middle click mouse button to open links in background without close the menu

2) An improved download statusbar. "S3 Download Statusbar" firefox extension, imho, is perfect. It show everything you need like speed, remaining time, progress and it gives you the ability to remove from the system a wrong downloaded item. Please test it, it has many, many features

3) Please remove the annoying popup that is showed when you open more than 15 tabs. At the least increase the value to 30-50 tabs
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Sandal23

Post by Sandal23 »

When I open more than 15 bookmarks at the same time (middle click of the mouse on a folder containing more than 15 bookmarks) a popup asks me if I'm sure that I want to open the tabs

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I can add a "Don't ask me again" check box on the message box. How does that sound?
Sandal23 wrote:When I open more than 15 bookmarks at the same time (middle click of the mouse on a folder containing more than 15 bookmarks) a popup asks me if I'm sure that I want to open the tabs
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.