Cannot sign into and sync with Google

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
cleggy27

Cannot sign into and sync with Google

Post by cleggy27 »

having problem with slimjet.it worked ok but when i had to reinstall it i can not login and sync to my google account i enter name and password and it comes up error.i can use incognito mode.i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing everything to do with slimjet .Tried with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.still unable to sync to google.so i cannot import my bookmarks etc.i have had to use microsoft edge now.anyone any ideas please.
I really need to reinstall slimjet and sync it with Google.
I need help

Tweakerz

Re: Cannot sign into and sync with Google

Post by Tweakerz »

When you say you have cleaned out everything, does that include cleaning out the AppData folder? I assume you did but if not perhaps look there and remove anything within that folder.

C:\Users\<INSERT YOUR OWN USERNAME HERE>\AppData\Local\Slimjet

Of course, to be thorough you can also remove the installation folders is they remain.

32bit/x86 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet
64bit - C:\Program Files \Slimjet

Just my immediate thoughts, or try using the portable version as an entirely different alternative and see how that works for you.

oftentired

Re: Cannot sign into and sync with Google

Post by oftentired »

as a test, using edge, download the portable version of SJ and install it. Run it and see if you can log into sync with it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11