Not able to use slimjet anymore

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ontherocks

Not able to use slimjet anymore

Post by ontherocks »

I keep updating slimjet as and when updates appear. And so as usual, I had updated slimjet few days back. It would have been 25.0.3.0 I guess. On restarting slimjet, it was not able to kill the existing slimjet.exe and update it. So I killed slimjet.exe manually and clicked the slimjet shortcut. Slimjet would open, but is not able to open any webpages, as if there is no network, and then hangs. I uninstalled slimjet, deleted all slimjet related folders, deleted all related keys from Windows registry and reinstalled 32bit. On launching, the issue remains. I tried the same steps with 64bit slimjet, the issue remains. I tried with portable editions of slimjet 32bit and 64bit, the issue remains. I am not able to use slimjet anymore. :(
I am running Windows 10.

oftentired

Re: Not able to use slimjet anymore

Post by oftentired »

What do you have running for security type programs on your box? Whatever you might have, check that they are not blocking Slimjet from the internet.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ontherocks

Post by ontherocks »

I tried stopping the anitivirus. Problem persists. Where is the log saved?
All I see is the following. Slimjet is unresponsive on start. None of the buttons or anything work. So, can't even click "Submit crash report"

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

That happened to me, though not on the most recent update.

Did you try killing the Slimjet processes using Task Manager?

That's what I did.

aiv30071

Post by aiv30071 »

I also had it !! There was a web docto. I completely deleted it and all the problems are gone. And I advise you to completely remove the antivirus and see. This is a 99% antivirus

ontherocks

Post by ontherocks »

aiv30071 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:30 am
I also had it !! There was a web docto. I completely deleted it and all the problems are gone. And I advise you to completely remove the antivirus and see. This is a 99% antivirus
I uninstalled the antivirus and was able to run Slimjet. Looks like stopping/disabling antivirus doesn't mean stopping/disabling in the true sense.
How was Slimjet able to run before when I had the antivirus always installed in my computer?

Now I keep getting the message below. I hit Cancel every time.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Allow access and you will be able to run it, right?

Then, re-install your anti-virus but let it allow Slimjet.

Don't know why it should be blocked.

Ranger762

Post by Ranger762 »

Yeah, reinstalling your antivirus does the trick, that's what I did when I first launched SlimJet and it was blocked. I'm glad the solution was quick to apply, as I was working on tracking the evolution of these Cannes property prices when it happened...
Last edited by oftentired on Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: the URL was not necessary