Norton Intrusion Report.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
josephine181

Norton Intrusion Report.

Post by josephine181 »

Should I be concerned about this? It shows up every time I use Slimjet.

Category: Intrusion Prevention
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Attacker URL,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description
12/31/2019 8:25:36 AM,Medium,An intrusion attempt by srchbar.com was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Malicious Site: Malicious Domain Request 21,No Action Required,No Action Required,"srchbar.com (13.249.79.112, 80)",srchbar.com/?favicon,"DESKTOP-2VV9GD5 (10.0.0.243, 61082)",srchbar.com (13.249.79.112),"TCP, www-http"
Network traffic from <b>srchbar.com/?favicon</b> matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME3\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\SLIMJET\SLIMJET.EXE. To stop being notified for this type of traffic, in the <b>Actions</b> panel, click <b>Stop Notifying Me</b>.

oftentired

Re: Norton Intrusion Report.

Post by oftentired »

this is not a Slimjet bug or issue, you have a viral redirect infection on your system

do a google search for

srchbar.com

then find one of the hits that is a site you remember as being safe and read about it
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11