Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Passenger

Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Passenger »

Everything looks fine. :mrgreen:

One question:

Version history says
https://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php
Add global media control button at the right end of the toolbar
I don't see anything new on my toolbar. Or maybe I'm not noticing it.
What should be there and what does it do?

Thank you.

Tweakerz

Re: Just upgraded to Slimjet 25.0.1.0 and ..

Post by Tweakerz »

I only notice it when on a page with a video, YouTube for example. It shows on the top right at the end of the extensions but when on a page without media there is nothing showing. There are also no options related to it that I am aware of within settings.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

OK now I see it.

I notice I can control one YouTube video while another is the tab in focus.

Also I can see it with any tab in focus once I have started and optionally paused the video.

I'll have to play with that a little bit.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I'm noticing slightly slicker animation in the tab favicon when reloading a page.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

About that global media control button.

I like it, but just for completeness is there a way to turn the feature on and off at will?

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Passenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 am
About that global media control button.

I like it, but just for completeness is there a way to turn the feature on and off at will?
I could not locate anything within settings and the button itself appears to offer nothing.

You can turn it off this way though. (So it would seem, not bothering to restart the browser since I have other tabs open currently but it should work).

Go to chrome://flags/ (or slimjet://flags/) and type the word "global" w/o quotes of course, that will show the single option related to this option and can be turned off there. (By choosing Disabled).

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Thanks.

I'm leaving it on, I just wanted to know.

_______

I also just noticed that while the tab right click menu works exactly the same, the text on the first item now says "New tab to the right".

Which is to say it always worked exactly how I expected it to work, but there must be some browser (IE maybe) that don't. So it needed clarification.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Passenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:02 pm
Thanks.

I'm leaving it on, I just wanted to know.

_______

I also just noticed that while the tab right click menu works exactly the same, the text on the first item now says "New tab to the right".

Which is to say it always worked exactly how I expected it to work, but there must be some browser (IE maybe) that don't. So it needed clarification.
You're welcome, at least you know it is an option.

As for the right-click, I almost never use the menu so I don't really recall it before but someone apparently thought it important to spell it out it seems.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I do not see any global media control button at the right end of my toolbar with a video loaded. There is a download button in the address bar for the tab with the video. I get an error message saying that I have to download & add something to use it. Maybe that is a Windows-only thing?

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Anonymosity wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:06 pm
I do not see any global media control button at the right end of my toolbar with a video loaded. There is a download button in the address bar for the tab with the video. I get an error message saying that I have to download & add something to use it. Maybe that is a Windows-only thing?
It might be Windows only, does this image help?