Record video from current tab

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Nordones

Record video from current tab

Post by Nordones »

How do I turn this off? It is worse than an ad popup.

Thanks
-N-

oftentired

Re: Record video from current tab

Post by oftentired »

please be more descriptive of the problem when asking for help

you should not have this pop up unless you tell it to

if your having it pop up persistently, without any action on your part, uninstall and reinstall the browser
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

taba0007

Post by taba0007 »

Dear "oftentired",

Hello again after many years! If you remember, I was a "often tired" person like you, and years ago we corresponded on the following page:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1627

Since the problem I mentioned on this page was not corrected, I started using Cent Browser as the main browser after that date and I'm glad. I continue to use Slimjet as the second browser.

Now, let's take a look at Slimjet's new wrong behavior:

Yes, if I turn on Slimjet 10 times, I get the same popup (Record video from current tab) 5 times.

Yes, I agree with the complaint of your member "Nordones": "It is worse than an ad popup."

Yes, it's nice to be able to record a video on Slimjet while watching it; but, to let users know about this feature, opening a popup window every time you open the Slimjet is an ugly and repulsive feature.

Hopefully, Slimjet developers will eliminate this wrong feature when creating the new version.

NOTE: You answered "Nordones" as if you didn't know about the popup window he was complaining about. Click on the link below to look at its picture:

https://imgur.com/h2pxSgs

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

This is not "normal behavior" for SJ, it has NEVER happened and the ONLY time I see anything related to recording is when clicking the icon to initialize it. It sounds like a somewhat rare but obviously not one-off occurrence specific to only a single user.

I think it would help to offer more information, couple questions come to mind right away such as is it with the portable or installed SJ, the website where it happens or did I understand it happens every time SJ is open?

taba0007

Post by taba0007 »

Dear "Tweakerz",

First of all, thank you very much for your quick response. However, I would have expected a Slimjet technical representative to respond to me; because both I and the thread owner have criticized Slimjet's frequent opening of a feature introduction dialog box.

Let us come to your writings:
This is not "normal behavior" for SJ
It appears that you have not read carefully what is written in this auto-pop-up dialog box; look again! In your opinion, is this a warning of unexpected (i.e. abnormal) behavior, or is it a reminder of an existing feature?
It sounds like a somewhat rare ...
You are not sure why and how the event occurred; that is, you are not a member of the team that created Slimjet.
... more information ... the website where it happens ... every time SJ is open?
My homepage is blank; that is, I did not set any video hosting site as the home page. Look my sentence again containing "... 10 times, ... 5 times" above!

I have been using only portable versions of web browsers for about 15 years. By the way, one additional information you don't ask: Others describe me as "the master of solving computer problems"

Regards,
Last edited by taba0007 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Did today's update fix it?

taba0007

Post by taba0007 »

Passenger wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm
Did today's update fix it?
I always block automatic updating; I have learned from your reply that a new version has been released. If the issue in question has been resolved, I will report it here.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

taba0007 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:18 pm
Dear "Tweakerz",

First of all, thank you very much for your quick response. However, I would have expected a Slimjet technical representative to respond to me; because both I and the thread owner have criticized Slimjet's frequent opening of a feature introduction dialog box.

Let us come to your writings:
This is not "normal behavior" for SJ
It appears that you have not read carefully what is written in this auto-pop-up dialog box; look again! In your opinion, is this a warning of unexpected (i.e. abnormal) behavior, or is it a reminder of an existing feature?
It sounds like a somewhat rare ...
You are not sure why and how the event occurred; that is, you are not a member of the team that created Slimjet.
... more information ... the website where it happens ... every time SJ is open?
My homepage is blank; that is, I did not set any video hosting site as the home page. Look my sentence again containing "... 10 times, ... 5 times" above!

I have been using only portable versions of web browsers for about 15 years. By the way, one additional information you don't ask: Others describe me as "the master of solving computer problems"

Regards,
As this is a user forum where users help users and as I once worked in IT and have been for years the fixer of things for many I like to help when I can.

Yes, the popup does look more like a Tip or Suggestions, I disabled tips in Settings which is listed as "Show tips at startup" and have never seen this or any other since the start of using SJ. Nice if it was as simple as making the change to that setting.

As for expecting the makers of SJ to chime in, that happens but it is not often and not something to be expected for anyone that's been around the forum a bit so I'll help where I can when I can and wish you luck resolving this issue.

taba0007

Post by taba0007 »

As this is a user forum where users help users and as I once worked ...
... and wish you luck resolving this issue.
Dear "Tweakerz",

Thank you once again for your wish me luck to solve the issue.

However, this issue needs to be solved by SJ developers; so it would be better if you wish them luck, not me.

As I mentioned above, I stopped using SJ as the main browser years ago; I was now using it occasionally for comparison and testing purposes.

If they do not solve this new problem, I will leave it forever and I don't even care, because nowadays everything has not one but many alternatives.

Regards,

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

taba0007 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:33 am
As this is a user forum where users help users and as I once worked ...
... and wish you luck resolving this issue.
Dear "Tweakerz",

Thank you once again for your wish me luck to solve the issue.
Hello taba,

You're most welcome and thank you. Also, yes, perhaps it is the developers that need those wishes.

I wish it was just a matter of unchecking the tips box in Settings, luckily though as you said there are many alternatives and Cent Browser is lightning fast and nice on features so a very good option and a browser I use as well and have recommended many times for others.