pulseaudio 13.0 and Slimjet = no sound again

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Texstar.

pulseaudio 13.0 and Slimjet = no sound again

Post by Texstar. »

I just updated to pulseaudio official release of 13. 0 and again sound is gone from slimjet.

PCLinuxOS 2019
Kernel 5.2.15
Pulseaudio 13.0
Slimjet 24.0.2.0 (64bit)

I can bypass pulseaudio and use alsa directly with the following command but this is more of a work around than a real solution.
pasuspender -- /usr/bin/flashpeak-slimjet --alsa-output-device=hw:1,0

Does anyone know why sound is such an issue with this browser? I have zero sound problems using other browsers based on Google Chrome code but prefer to use Slimjet.

sleeper10

Re: pulseaudio 13.0 and Slimjet = no sound again

Post by sleeper10 »

I thought there would be a real fix by now, but doesn't look like it will ever happen. Last I knew (months ago), they were looking into the issue, but nothing ever came of it. I decided not to deal with the hassle of it any more & have since moved to Chromium.

Texstar.

Post by Texstar. »

Slimjet was heavily promoted on my website forum as an alternative to Google Chrome and now I look like a fool because of this no sound issue that continues to persist. Slimjet is making me look bad.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

At the very least, Slimjet devs should tell us why the problem persists. Is it still being worked on or not?