Non-keyboard way to open bookmark sidebar on left

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
donaldduck

Non-keyboard way to open bookmark sidebar on left

Post by donaldduck »

I'd like it if there was a way to re-open the bookmark sidebar on the left either by clicking on something on the far left margin (like I have in Vivaldi tho it's not the best) or by a mouse gesture. I can close the sidebar with my mouse by clicking on the X but I know of no way to re-open it except Cntrl+I or going through the settings wheel icon on the upper right which is awkward and requires a few steps.

oftentired

Re: Non-keyboard way to open bookmark sidebar on left

Post by oftentired »

At this time there is no other way to do it. It would be nice if it would hide/show itself if the mouse is over there.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

oftentired wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:16 pm
At this time there is no other way to do it. It would be nice if it would hide/show itself if the mouse is over there.

Yes. Is that hard to program? I remember how browsers and - especially! - email used to be better years ago. Opera used to have an easy open and close bookmark sidebar - just click on the narrow margin - but that was the old opera, long ago.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

There is an awkward way to do it, and that is what i have been doing: Gear icon on upper right > Bookmarks > show bookmarks side panel