Assistance with screenshot feature

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Tweakerz

Assistance with screenshot feature

Post by Tweakerz »

For some time now I noticed that when I try to use the Capture Screenshot of Selected Area feature it fails to work properly. This is with an up to date Windows 10 as well as SlimJet versions that both otherwise have no problems.

When using this feature the webpage is automatically zoomed in and you can not move the mouse to select the area you want to like I once did, strange but has been happening for the last few versions of SlimJet best I recall. Trying Incognito Mode returns the same issue so an extension seems unlikely to be creating the problem.

I even included an image to hopefully better explain what is happening when clicking Capture Screenshot of Selected Area. If you look closely you can see the blue border which is the selected area (which happened automatically just like the zoom in which is why you only see part of the page, I did not zoom or crop anything, the page is just magnified when trying to use this feature).

http://i65.tinypic.com/2s67k.jpg

oftentired

Re: Assistance with screenshot feature

Post by oftentired »

I've used it now and then, and just now to copy capture your post with no problems. I've not seen any other complaints about it on the forum. Perhaps it is not an extension, but maybe something else you have running that is related to graphics?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Tweakerz

Re: Assistance with screenshot feature

Post by Tweakerz »

oftentired wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pm

I've used it now and then, and just now to copy capture your post with no problems. I've not seen any other complaints about it on the forum. Perhaps it is not an extension, but maybe something else you have running that is related to graphics?
Thanks for checking. It worked a few versions ago and that I can think of nothing changed related to graphics (or anything else I can think of) and using Incognito Mode created the same problem so I felt that would rule out extensions. As far as Windows is concerned there is very little running in the background at all as I tend to keep those processes at a minimum. I guess I will keep testing and trying to figure out what is creating this issue.