Slimjet 23.0.4.0 dark mode.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Tweakerz

Re: Slimjet 23.0.4.0 dark mode.

Post by Tweakerz »

Anonymosity wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:55 pm
Where is this dark mode? I am not seeing anything with that name in the preferences. All I see is "Invert web page color", but that is for the content, not the interface.
With the newer version, the browser itself is dark now and I don't think there is an option to change it other than to add a new theme. Example, the tabs are sort of gray by default and the address bar is white but with the Dark Pro theme the tabs are darker (active) and the address bar is gray, not white so less of the harsh contrast which makes it a much nicer look overall.

The invert option never really does well enough for me and I wanted a global dark web experience so after using style sheets and such I finally found an extension that works more than 75% of the time. It is called "Dark Night Mode" if you'd like to check that out and get away from the Invert colors option. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the developers offer it and I did use it in the past but it isn't as good as the extension.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

danielson wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 am
Had some glitches switching from default to Dark Material Pro but it worked out in the end.

Btw, do agree, "Dark Material Pro" is a superb theme! 8-)
Could no longer find the dark Morpheus one but this one is even better.
Just good you got things working well and can enjoy your browser!

EDIT to say thanks and explain:
Weird we are using 2 different themes but they look the same when I looked at them (for all of 5 seconds). Since I have been happy with mine I am sticking with it but at least if it were to go away I now have an alternative so thanks for making me aware of it!

I am using this one, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fmbnklhbjd

you are using this one, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jigm?hl=en

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Tweakerz wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Anonymosity wrote:
Where is this dark mode? I am not seeing anything with that name in the preferences. All I see is "Invert web page color", but that is for the content, not the interface.
With the newer version, the browser itself is dark now and I don't think there is an option to change it other than to add a new theme. Example, the tabs are sort of gray by default and the address bar is white but with the Dark Pro theme the tabs are darker (active) and the address bar is gray, not white so less of the harsh contrast which makes it a much nicer look overall.

The invert option never really does well enough for me and I wanted a global dark web experience so after using style sheets and such I finally found an extension that works more than 75% of the time. It is called "Dark Night Mode" if you'd like to check that out and get away from the Invert colors option. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the developers offer it and I did use it in the past but it isn't as good as the extension.
I just tried going back to the default theme in version 23.0.6.0, and I got light grey in the toolbars and tabs, not black or very dark grey. So the browser does not seem to be dark by default.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Anonymosity wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:21 pm
Tweakerz wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Anonymosity wrote:

I just tried going back to the default theme in version 23.0.6.0, and I got light grey in the toolbars and tabs, not black or very dark grey. So the browser does not seem to be dark by default.
I think it is only "darker" now than it once was in the previous release but I have used dark themes and custom scripts for years to make as much on the browser and pages dark so it is hard to recall when such changes came about, sorry. I might be way off but I think it was not too long ago there was no dark aspect at all as my example below speaks of and shows.

Even on the main homepage, the images are of an older version that is light in color not dark or grey or anything of the sorts.
Blue and white, now it is black or grey, I don't know when that changed in terms of the version but maybe 23.0.4.0 since that's the thread we are in?

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The current version is now 23.0.6.0. I like the banana theme because it uses shades of yellow, and makes the toolbars and tabs easy to read. I actually tried one of the darker themes from Chrome, but I found some of the interface hard to read with it.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Anonymosity wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:37 pm
The current version is now 23.0.6.0. I like the banana theme because it uses shades of yellow, and makes the toolbars and tabs easy to read. I actually tried one of the darker themes from Chrome, but I found some of the interface hard to read with it.
Perhaps try one of the themes I mentioned a few posts ago, they are dark but even with one completely blind and one mostly working eye (with glasses) I am able to see things fine. Maybe that'd be one that works for you too.

danielson

Post by danielson »

Have to reset to default in order to install Dark Pro
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fmbnklhbjd

Not a normal situation.

Default black leaves the old blue on bookmarks toolbar (maybe autohide has something to do with this?).

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

danielson wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:29 am
Have to reset to default in order to install Dark Pro
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fmbnklhbjd

Not a normal situation.

Default black leaves the old blue on bookmarks toolbar (maybe autohide has something to do with this?).
I have Bookmarks to visible on new tab only but I tried the autohide and no issues, everything is dark here so I am uncertain what would cause yours to be partially dark. Maybe reset to the default theme and set the Bookmarks to always show, apply the new dark theme then change the Bookmarks to autohide and see if that somehow makes a difference?