still 32 bit versus 64 for better performance?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
lalagida

still 32 bit versus 64 for better performance?

Post by lalagida »

I read somewhere 32 consumes less amount of memory than 64 does but that's very old thread back in 2014 or 2015

I run windows 7 ult K 64 bit edition, which is why I am considering moving on to 64 sjt from 32 that I am using now.

which do you think is faster and better performing? and the ratio between performance and resource workload

oftentired

Re: still 32 bit versus 64 for better performance?

Post by oftentired »

64 will always use more memory.

If you do try 64 you may not notice a difference in performance. If you do you can always go back to 32.

The developer places this disclaimer on the webpage where you download 64 bit version,
64-bit version uses significantly more memory than 32-bit version. It has some stability and performance improvements which are not quite noticable for most people. We do not recommend it for machines with under 8GB memory or nerves sensitive to the memory usage of applications. If your computer has affluent memory and you want to screeze the last bit of performance out of Slimjet, go for it by all means.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

lalagida

Re: still 32 bit versus 64 for better performance?

Post by lalagida »

thanks for response. guess I will stick to 32 to save memory for future use. mine is 6gb and I allocated 1gb to ramdisk and it performs great